Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 04:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by Joejack101 View Post
. . . . More like a passenger who has no other airline that operates within a 2+ hour drive, and is frustrated I don't have any other options for travel that aren't a MAJOR lack of convenience and major difference in price. . . .
This sounds more like a you problem. There are advantages and disadvantages to where you live within this large country. Sounds like you live in an area with too little of population to sustain regular service from a major/regional airline. This is specifically the reason for EAS contracts.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by LimaBravoDelta View Post
I fly for Contour on the CRJ side. The vast majority of our captains are retired Delta, United, American. If anything they bring an amazing amount of operational experience to the company. These guys have ZERO incentive to move unsafe aircraft. Literally ZERO. I’ve never been involved in any conspiracy to move unairworthy airplanes. All broken items are written up and differed if able. If unable to defer… plane is parked. Unfortunately these CRJ’s are 20 year old and have issues. Nuisance issues. But they are safe. I would have walked out if they weren’t. This is my experience.
I see these CRJs in HPN, FLL and PBI and I know they fly up and down the coast. Where are the pilots based? Out of FL?
Old 12-24-2022, 10:36 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
I see these CRJs in HPN, FLL and PBI and I know they fly up and down the coast. Where are the pilots based? Out of FL?
I saw a job listing a while back that listed HPN as a base for the 200, but I don't remember what the other base was.
Old 12-27-2022, 12:01 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2020

The other base is south FL. You are expected to report to OPF, FLL, PBI, BCT if you are south Florida based.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:19 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Originally Posted by Continuingappch View Post
Could the moderators get joejack off of here for all this non-specific passenger whining? Not the place for it.
Joejack, if you have a complaint, take it to Contour, eh? If you think they're unsafe, call 1800FAASURE with your SPECIFICS. Y'know, if they cancelled a flight on you, it was specifically because it couldn't be made without violating some rule or another.
Furthermore, let me remind you that if you're buying a ticket on Contour it's because you reside or frequent a community that cannot support air travel without government subsidy. Maybe Congress will pull the plug and you can cheerfully drive or use Amtrak - oh wait, they're subsidized too.
I fly for Contour on the CRJ side. The vast majority of our captains are retired Delta, United, American. If anything they bring an amazing amount of operational experience to the company. These guys have ZERO incentive to move unsafe aircraft. Literally ZERO. I’ve never been involved in any conspiracy to move unairworthy airplanes. All broken items are written up and differed if able. If unable to defer… plane is parked. Unfortunately these CRJ’s are 20 year old and have issues. Nuisance issues. But they are safe. I would have walked out if they weren’t. This is my experience.

First hand knowledge, American Airline Captain quit the CRJ after just a few months because a CRJ hadn’t been serviced with oil in two weeks and landed with empty oil tank. Contours fix was to just fill it up and move on. No investigation into why it was empty.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022

There has to be more to that story, oil refills necessitated the engineering of the lid.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2020

There are two tanks on the CRJ. The oil replenishment system tank and the engine tank. Was it the replenishment system tank? Not likely the engine tank. I don’t know of any captain quitting in the 8 months I’ve been there.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:01 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2022

There are two tanks on the CRJ. The oil replenishment system tank and the engine tank. Was it the replenishment system tank? Not likely the engine tank. I don’t know of any captain quitting in the 8 months I’ve been there.
Yes it was the ENGINE tank. Book signed off three times. Hadn’t been serviced in two weeks
Old 01-01-2023, 05:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Then you haven't been there very long. I can name at least 3, one of which was an FO who upgraded and then resigned only a couple weeks after his upgrade was complete.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ Left/Right

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
CRJ Bases HPN & FLL... Captains can be home based... HPN cover HPN & TEB, FLL cover PBI,FLL, OPF...

Kampai