Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 08:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Angry Yikes

Two more now have left. That's three in 1.5 months on the CRJ. Something is wrong! They were suppose to grow the CRJ program but it's not being managed properly. Blade and XO will be soon asking questions about why their pilot's are leaving. Had 9 and are down to 6 pilot's for three aircraft. I don't think it's just the pay and schedule, which are the worst in the industry, but perhaps safety???
Old 01-22-2021, 10:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Just curious, are applicants really getting hired here with just 1000 hours? Seems low for the equipment being flown.. unless I’m missing something.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:28 AM
Line Holder

Absolutely. Being 135 only need 1500 for ATP and left seat. I got hired in the turboprop days with only about 300 hrs total time. 1000 hours is the competative number now with the state of the industry.

Last edited by jetstreamdriver; 02-09-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jetstreamdriver View Post
Absolutely. Being 135 only need 1500 for ATP and left seat. I got hired in the turboprop days with only about 300 hrs total time. 1000 hours is the competative number now with the state of the industry.
I applied to the CRJ200 side, but haven’t heard back yet. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:16 AM
Line Holder

Wish you the best, as far as 200’s go its one off the nicest of its kind with the corporate interior. Dont really have any advice for you applying wise, has been a while since I was there.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jetstreamdriver View Post
Wish you the best, as far as 200’s go its one off the nicest of its kind with the corporate interior. Dont really have any advice for you applying wise, has been a while since I was there.
I appreciate the feedback though. Let’s wait and see!
Old 02-11-2021, 09:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Hey Sofloflyer

I’m trying to let you know that the place is a mess. Those 200s are a mess. They will screw you around like they did the three, soon to be four, that have left. Do yourself a favor and run to somewhere else. The 24,000$ training contract you have to sign, YES, THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU, is just not worth it! They will lie to you to get you to sign it. The C.P. was stalking his pilots on Social Media-TRUE STORY. The pay is low and the schedule is terrible to begin with but wait to you lose your days off and then get threatened. The training is poor, the standards are non exsistent and wait to you see what, and whom, you’ll have to put up with. Ex old Express Jet management and man they are something.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
I’m trying to let you know that the place is a mess. Those 200s are a mess. They will screw you around like they did the three, soon to be four, that have left. Do yourself a favor and run to somewhere else. The 24,000$ training contract you have to sign, YES, THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU, is just not worth it! They will lie to you to get you to sign it. The C.P. was stalking his pilots on Social Media-TRUE STORY. The pay is low and the schedule is terrible to begin with but wait to you lose your days off and then get threatened. The training is poor, the standards are non exsistent and wait to you see what, and whom, you’ll have to put up with. Ex old Express Jet management and man they are something.
Oh dang.. I had no idea it was that day. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-11-2021, 05:54 PM
Line Holder

Not gonna get into an argument...so I will say my experience and what i believe you can expect based on my experience and friends I still have there and leave it be. Worked there for over two years in the jetstreams. The pay is better than when i started, the mx is better than when i started, and the schedules are better. They are a typical 135 company. They are about as standardized as it comes for a 135. I know of the Captain who quit around thanksgiving. He is one I would have expected to quit with his attitude. Its a charter operator running an airline. Youre not gonna bid for a schedule or have a union. If you want that you will have to go to a regional. This day in age you are gonna sign a contract. Getting to fly a transport category aircraft with less than ATP mins? Seems pretty fair to me. As far as the CP lurking on facebook, to my limited knowledge it was a specific scenario. I know he has stood up for his Captains on the line multiple times. If its that bad I dont know why the other guy is still there...i hear ameriflight is hiring...

SoFlo if you have any more questions youre welcome to message me directly.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021
Default Pilot Shortage

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
I do not believe there is a pilot shortage as advertised or at least no longer. Companies are getting so many resumes these days that were not showing up 3 years ago. I was a manager for a big Part 135 company and 3 years ago we would get a couple hundred resumes a month and now it is more like a thousand a month. Lots of qualified candidates. Places can be very picky once again on qualifications and culture fit.
There is no current pilot shortage, however, in the bigger picture, there is a pilot shortage.
The current climate is not indicative of the industry as a whole. As 121 carriers reduced operations, they furloughed many and others left voluntarily. 121 pilots trickled down to all other echelons of flying thus creating a glut. I believe this is temporary. Once 121 starts hiring (they already are with Spirit & Frontier reopening) the other jobs will open up as well. It's all cyclical!