Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jet Edge

Old 03-25-2023, 06:31 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2023
Position: Front Office

Originally Posted by MHunter View Post
I've been with XO for a few years and just got transferred to Jet Select (dba JetEdge), I normally don't comment on boards (most people that are happy don't..lol) but I must say I strongly disagree with the overall sentiment on the thread. XO got a new President a couple of years ago and I find him to be really smart and genuine, plus he's a pilot so he understands our perspective. At XO he had open video calls every week for a year, and he took every single question.
He is taking over at JetEdge, and last week he announced a new simplified pay package. Basically $180K year one captain pay for CL300/350, plus 10 days of vacation that you can choose every year if you want to take or sell back to company for $10K, gives pilots option to choose which is cool. So if you take the pay then year one cut pays $190K, base. Plus 5% bonus year one. He also said they are now paying for training in the off block.
I'm super excited. My year 5 pay just went to $205K base plus 9% bonus, and they pay $15K retention bonus every three years, so I'll collect that next year and my 401K goes to $11K contribution from the company. I can also do extra days for $1200/day.
But it's not all about the pay, I love the unrestricted home base, great group of pilots, staying in full service hotels and keeping my hotel points. They are upgrading the entire fleet and the Gulfstream's look amazing with the sliver and red paint.
I was also told that you can bid for new type every 3 years! I'm going to bid for Global or G450.
I love it here. Very encouraging to see the fleet growth plus investment in the crews!, and they mentioned that they bought two more maintenance facilities in Europe last week!
Look at what is happening at UP, they seem to be in trouble.
If you are looking for a new spot to land I'd strongly suggest you consider the Vista group.
First, super happy that you've found a good fit with Vista Jet. You're likely the first person I've heard say anything positive about the group ever. 99% of your peers consider it the most toxic sweat shop they've ever seen in the charter industry. However I do question some of your facts.
This transformative president seems amazing, but I wonder why he sat around for two years doing nothing while XO pilots clamored for the exit? They parked so many airplanes there that they prematurely transitioned them to the JetSelect certificate because despite every effort, they couldn't hire pilots to staff the aircraft at XO. He then waits until over a third of the Jet Edge pilot group - his most experienced captains and leaders - rush out the door in a short three months before he makes these amazing improvements. He does nothing after several mass walkouts of operations staff quit the company? He sits in silence as they hire a known predator of women and toxic ashwipei as the DO? His reaction time is terrible, and now that Jet Edge's reputation has joined the ranks of the Red Wing and Talon Airs of the industry, there's little hope of this ever turning around. That's quite a business strategy...

Here's something else to consider: after someone has worked for an organization like that for long enough, that stink begins to rub off. Hiring managers will look at that on your resume and wonder if you weren't part of the problem there since you were able to tolerate that level of toxicity without quitting or getting fired. Food for thought.

In any case, I wish you all the best there. The good news is that you're going to have plenty of advancement opportunity, the seats at that company go vacant quite often and the bar is low for leadership qualifications.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Had a couple newhire JE guys in my recent GIV class. It will be interesting to keep track of them.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Congrats on getting pay bump. Did the pay raise take effect already?

Last edited by meitnerium; 04-17-2023 at 07:11 AM.