Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SATSair....Heads Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: high speed taxi driver

Originally Posted by skydweller97 View Post
Why do you hate it if someone is happy doing what they're doing? Leave, "opportunity cost" in the Economics 101 textbook glossary where it belongs. Living in my home town, not having to deal with stress and expense (there goes some of those extra bucks from the "better" job) of a commute, not having to move around to chase a job, working for a good company that won't push you into dangerous weather, gives you exclnt maintenance, variety of destinations, etc. etc. PRICELESS. At least for me. . . not everyone likes it, but the majority of us do. Those who don't can move on to something else.
Exactly. QOL is very important to some of us. I'm young yet and have two small kids, is this something I can put my kids through college with? Good God no! But for now it works and it is reassuring to fly for a company, and with people as good as this. Nice hotels, nice rental cars, just to add to what skydweller already said.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2007

[quote=jdsavage;228560]Exactly. QOL is very important to some of us. I'm young yet and have two small kids, is this something I can put my kids through college with? Good God no! [quote]

Yeah, what he said -- but wait, I AM putting a kid through college right now. (Guess I'll have to tell her to quit, I can't afford it.)

JD you just forgot to read chapter 4 of the company manual -- you're supposed to space 'em out at least 10 years, then you don't have to pay for two at the same time.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

[QUOTE=skydweller97;228570][quote=jdsavage;228560]Exactly. QOL is very important to some of us. I'm young yet and have two small kids, is this something I can put my kids through college with? Good God no!

Yeah, what he said -- but wait, I AM putting a kid through college right now. (Guess I'll have to tell her to quit, I can't afford it.)

JD you just forgot to read chapter 4 of the company manual -- you're supposed to space 'em out at least 10 years, then you don't have to pay for two at the same time.
Lol, if I had my way it would have happened 10 years apart. Kid #2 was a big surprise for us and the doctors, so they're only 15 months apart instead of 10 years. Besides, what manual? All I have is a half empty ops spec.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Default Opps...I'm on the wrong flight !!

Originally Posted by FlexThrust View Post
Not sure which former DO you're talking about PF-the Cirrus Jet is still just a mock-up, so short of sitting in it making 'whooosh!' noises that part is false. The President did fly an Eclipse a few months ago though, so that may be what you heard about.

As for finances...like you say, not publicly traded, so who knows...but if they are struggling it is not because of lack of business.
I did hear about a Cirrus jet mock-up where they hired people to provide the "whoosh" noises for potential customers. Maybe that was what I remember because supposedly, it was a "very smooth, quiet flight ! "

Seriously, it may have been an Eclipse and if so, that's my mistake. In any case, it's going to be interesting to follow the VLJ market and see how successful that segment becomes. The Cirrus jet may be prove to be a viable economic option and I'm certain SATSair could become the "launch customer" because of their equity stake. For those who work there now, stick around...you might fall into a "bed of roses". If my golf game improves enough, I'm buying one to travel to tournaments or becoming a SATSair customer !

Roger Center, departing FL550 for 600+. G'Day"
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
zman

Phantom, Thanks for the insight on Satsair. My sources say that Cirrus has a very small stake in S. and haven't delivered a new plane in months to them. Is he wrong? Do they have new planes coming or just patching up the Old ones and keeping them flying.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by zman View Post
Phantom, Thanks for the insight on Satsair. My sources say that Cirrus has a very small stake in S. and haven't delivered a new plane in months to them. Is he wrong? Do they have new planes coming or just patching up the Old ones and keeping them flying.
Poor choice of words there. The oldest planes haven't even hit 2000 hours yet. So I don't exactly know what you mean by "patching up the old ones." Three separate sources in management have told me we have new G3s coming over the next few months.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Sim dude

I've heard rumors that the lack of recent deliveries was simply because they wanted to wait for G3s.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by FlexThrust View Post
I've heard rumors that the lack of recent deliveries was simply because they wanted to wait for G3s.
Would make sense to me, why buy an older model when a new one is around the corner!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Default Not In the Loop

Originally Posted by zman View Post
Zman...I am not in the SATSair "loop". Maybe Flexthrust or J.D. Savage can answer your questions.

I did talk to an American Captain yesterday who bought a SR-20 about 9 months ago and he loves it. Looks like a "cool" airplane to fly...if it's air conditioned.

I can give you a "source" that seems to be able to pry financial information out of even a privately held company. Maybe he could help you.

"Roger Center switching to DASC...G'Day mates"
Old 09-15-2007, 05:05 AM
zman

Phantom, Thanks for the reply . judging from your previous posts I thought you were on the "in". Maybe they are waiting for the Light Jets ..... or more financing. I was just looking for the real scoop .