Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

coryk 07-03-2012 11:29 PM

Anyone know if they are hiring/will be hiring EMB FO's anytime soon? What are the mins for that position?

Yazzoo 07-04-2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by coryk (Post 1224327)
Anyone know if they are hiring/will be hiring EMB FO's anytime soon? What are the mins for that position?

5 of us in the current 120 class, so I think it'll be a while until there's another one. I'll check tho. There's one guy in our class with just over 500 hours.

coryk 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Yazzoo (Post 1224407)
5 of us in the current 120 class, so I think it'll be a while until there's another one. I'll check tho. There's one guy in our class with just over 500 hours.

Damn, that's just my luck! :D

Do you have a contact that I might be able to call and get some info on upcoming classes or are EMB classes once or twice a year (or something like that?)

Oldog 07-04-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Herb Flemmming (Post 1218877)
Is Amflight in the need for 1900 Capts?

The company usually only hires BE-1900 "street captains" (1900 captains hired off the street, rather than folks who progressed up the seniority list into the larger airplanes) when they can't find an in-company pilot to bid the trip. It's been known to happen, but not very often.

Yazzoo 07-04-2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by coryk (Post 1224537)

Do you have a contact that I might be able to call and get some info on upcoming classes or are EMB classes once or twice a year (or something like that?)

Mis-typed when I tried to clarify my post (it's the 6am sim sessions getting to me)...4 in the class, not 5. Check your PMs

frmrbuffdrvr 07-05-2012 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by coryk (Post 1224537)

EMB FO classes are on an "as needed" basis. FOs are normally expected to remain in their position for one year. (Obviously, if they don't have 1200 hours by then, they can't transition until they do.) I know of at least one spot that will likely be coming open around October. I'm not sure of any others.

Whooosah 07-05-2012 04:51 PM

Does anybody know how many of the flights have first officers on them? Do PA-31 flights have any FO's sitting in?

eman 07-05-2012 05:06 PM

Hey guys, some more questions for those at CVG:

What's the nearest city to get a rental at?
is there a site for AMF guys to check on crashpads?
At the outstation, is it an fbo or what?
Can you give me the specific location of the outstation? facility available to pass the time or just lounging around pretty much? Figured at the least I could get a work-out in or get back in school and do homework.

I am just trying to plan in case I do good on the interview.

Thanks all!

ATOP40 07-06-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Earl81 (Post 1223354)
Not real sure on that specific question. Maybe an OAK pilot can shed some light on this but I haven’t seen any 99 bids come up company wide for OAK as far back as I can remember so I would say no. Most of the time a 99 bid will get filled in base but we do get company wide bids for equipment also. These bids come out if no one in that specific base wants to fill the run or it’s a new run and the base needs additional pilots to fill it. The Company wide bids are scattered throughout the system so you never know what you might see come up for bid.

Feel free to PM me if you like. Good luck out there :D

Thanks Earl. I really appreciate all the information on this forum. As others I hope to meet the qualifications soon.

Thanks again.

frmrbuffdrvr 07-06-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Whooosah (Post 1225245)
Does anybody know how many of the flights have first officers on them? Do PA-31 flights have any FO's sitting in?

The only flights that have paid, employee FOs are the E120s. All the other flights can operate single pilot, so the only FOs we have are the ones who have bought flight time through outside flight school programs.

And before anybody jumps in about "pay for play" and "stealing jobs", it is in our Ops Specs that the commercial FOs can log time so it has been signed off by the FAA. And if they weren't there, no one would, so no one is loosing a job because of them. It's just a chance for new folks who don't want to do flight instructing to get the time required to get a job and do it while getting real world weather and operations experience.