Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Oldog 02-14-2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1123020)
^^^THIS, and this is coming from a guy who has literally done it all in aviation. Enjoy your retirement John, you will be missed around here.

Rats . . . my cover is blown. . . .

Scooter2525 02-14-2012 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 1135191)
Rats . . . my cover is blown. . . .

It was blown when you first started posting. Just no one said it. :D

BARRELL RIDER 02-14-2012 10:01 PM

I was Amflight 99-2001. It was an adventure. Being from florida flying on the West coast in the mountains really made me the pilot I am today. Started in the Lance and left a 99 Captain. I left to take a job with Comair and hired on Sept. 12, 2001. I thought that Delta Connection jet time would lead me to better places. Spent a decade there and never approached the happiness I had at Amflight. All those years at the regional flying glass had become so boring that when pilots got together we would talk about anything but flying. I miss flying to San Diego with my surfboard, or to Mamouth with the snowboard.. I do remember a time being switched from a day skedule to a night skedule and coming back from Oakland so tired I turned the ac heater off in the Chieftan to stay awake, nodding off the whole flight, scared I could not stay awake to land. Got on the ground and they wantsd me to bust duty limits and fly to Vegas. When I refused the Chief Pilot Stu Schrock delved into my records and gave me a disciplanary action letter in my file fore checking in 5 minutes late six months prior. Now that I am on the 747 classic flying is fun again. I would recommend Amflight but beware.

Javok 02-27-2012 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by BARRELL RIDER (Post 1135244)
I would recommend Amflight but beware.

Why beware?

I am a noob so go easy on me please. :)

own nav 02-28-2012 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Javok (Post 1142307)
Why beware?

I am a noob so go easy on me please. :)

Former AMFer's can be a little more open about the negatives, but bear in mind, their input can be outdated. Take it for what it's worth.

Also bear in mind, current AMF guys have a social media policy they have to adhere to, and this isn't exactly anonymous, especially with a pilot group as small as it its. So take that for what it's worth too.

brian434 03-12-2012 05:02 PM

Anyone familiar with housing options near the Oakland base? It sounds like if my technical interview goes well that is where I am going to be for a while. I don't really want to sign any long term leases.

ContactApproach 03-12-2012 07:26 PM

Great times at Ameriflight. I was based out of Burbank and Ontario. Hands down the best experience you will ever get flying.

mwf008 03-12-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by brian434 (Post 1150584)
Anyone familiar with housing options near the Oakland base? It sounds like if my technical interview goes well that is where I am going to be for a while. I don't really want to sign any long term leases.

I stayed in Alameda. Great times, close to bars, etc.

brian434 03-12-2012 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by mwf008 (Post 1150699)
I stayed in Alameda. Great times, close to bars, etc.

Many short term leases in that area? I need to keep my cost down. My wife is staying in Parker, CO where I have a house.

2bennySODC6 03-13-2012 07:22 PM

How difficult is it to hold San Juan or Miami at Ameriflight? If you have multi turbine PIC experience do you still have to start in a Navajo? Thanks