Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Jetlife 11-19-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by BeardedFlyer (Post 1522761)
So the collard shirt wearing MEI who just hit 1200TT 50 ME teaching foreign students in 152's and Seminoles is more prepared for the winter wolves than a guy with a ME ATP, 3000 hrs of AK time in 207's, 208's and beavers on floats? Come on, not even an interview?? I'm just suprised that with all the hiring going on at the regionals AMF is able to pass on a guy like that.

Dude I don't disagree with you. Those are excellent qualifications, and obviously excellent skills to fly SPIFR freight. I am just saying that the multi experience is maybe low enough to worry about him passing training. Just to pass sims you need to be really on your game. 1 week of sims and if you don't pass that, you are more than likely done. After that you get about 5 flights in the airplane and a check (sometimes longer if needed). AMF is not in the business of teaching applicants anything other than AMF company stuff. I was a training captain and whenever I saw somebody without the fundamentals down, it was a sign that it wasn't going to go well.

jonnyjetprop 11-19-2013 03:40 PM

I was a training captain back in 88-89. I had never been so scared as training some of the guys in the Navajo. Keep in mind, back then, you flew a Lance for anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. It was very obvious who was fudging their multi time.

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1523267)
Dude I don't disagree with you. Those are excellent qualifications, and obviously excellent skills to fly SPIFR freight. I am just saying that the multi experience is maybe low enough to worry about him passing training. Just to pass sims you need to be really on your game. 1 week of sims and if you don't pass that, you are more than likely done. After that you get about 5 flights in the airplane and a check (sometimes longer if needed). AMF is not in the business of teaching applicants anything other than AMF company stuff. I was a training captain and whenever I saw somebody without the fundamentals down, it was a sign that it wasn't going to go well.

BeardedFlyer 11-20-2013 02:11 PM

Appreciate the insight from both of you.

Cyborgmudhen 11-21-2013 04:44 AM

Have heard that there will be no training classes until mid Jan.
Any confirmation ?

frmrbuffdrvr 11-23-2013 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cyborgmudhen (Post 1524876)
Have heard that there will be no training classes until mid Jan.
Any confirmation ?

That's true. They are restructuring the initial training setup (splitting PA31 and BE99 new hires, I think) and so the December class was cancelled. Plus a lot of the training department is having to fly holiday runs.

It has nothing to do with a slow down in hiring.

Cyborgmudhen 11-23-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1526573)
That's true. They are restructuring the initial training setup (splitting PA31 and BE99 new hires, I think) and so the December class was cancelled. Plus a lot of the training department is having to fly holiday runs.

It has nothing to do with a slow down in hiring.

<nodding>
Thx, frmbuffdrvr

8ballfreight 11-23-2013 08:41 AM

Or another way to say it, there hasn't been a slow down in people quitting. :)

Jetlife 11-24-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 8ballfreight (Post 1526730)
Or another way to say it, there hasn't been a slow down in people quitting. :)

That. Especially when a lot of those are training dept/check airmen/training captains.

DaCat1989 11-25-2013 09:28 PM

Another one for AMERIFLIGHT

Ok so i know there are a lot of ameriflight posts but they are pretty much old so i thought i'd start a new one with more up to date info...

I really have high interest in applying for AMF for the Turbine PIC experience and also because, it seems like a fun and good place to be.

What i'd like to know is:

1. I live in nebraska and I absolutely hate the winters here. I'm originally from vegas but AMF doesn't have any bases in vegas but i'd like to return to the west coast. If i apply, which west coast base would i most likely be going?

2. Also, i currently have about 200 hours in a King Air so what are my chances of jumping straight into a turbine? (based anywhere in the west coast). Or which west coast base will put me in a turbine quicker??

3. It would be fun to eventually get a chance to fly the metro. Which west coast base has the quickest transition to the metro?

Thanks in advance.

BeardedFlyer 11-25-2013 11:05 PM

Man, most of these questions are all answered already on the other thread, and on the company website. There is current stuff on there. This is probably going to be deleted by a mod. I'll tell you though, they start you out in Okaland or Portland, OR, usually in a PA-31 and upgrade within a year to a BE-99. Apply then call Sheri and ask her. She would be glad to answer your questions with that multi time of yours. The multi engine challenged dont get much attention.