Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

undflyboy06 09-16-2013 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1485178)
I'm a west coast native living out in the midwest and working to get back to the west.

Anyways... Probably mentioned in the previous 164 pages but I'm thinking about applying at AMF. What are my chances of being hired and based somewhere in southern california straight into a turbine aircraft?

i'm at about 1100tt with 250hrs in a king air c90...

You will only be considered for an SIC position because of your total time, and if I remember you can get hired for an SIC into the EMB-120, but pay is in the low 20's. The only other option is that you have to give AMF bookoo dollar to get around 100 hours sitting right seat.

After that, you might have a shot to get hired for a PIC position directly into Turbine, probably 99 with your C90 time.

The only issue is that a lot of the West Coast turbine positions go senior so you might have to wait a little bit. On the other hand, if you are willing to take a Turbine position in the Midwest or the East coast region then you can get into that position faster.

DaCat1989 09-16-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 1485236)
You will only be considered for an SIC position because of your total time, and if I remember you can get hired for an SIC into the EMB-120, but pay is in the low 20's. The only other option is that you have to give AMF bookoo dollar to get around 100 hours sitting right seat.

After that, you might have a shot to get hired for a PIC position directly into Turbine, probably 99 with your C90 time.

The only issue is that a lot of the West Coast turbine positions go senior so you might have to wait a little bit. On the other hand, if you are willing to take a Turbine position in the Midwest or the East coast region then you can get into that position faster.

Thanks for the reply! Although I'm currently flying in the air ambulance industry in the c90 but averaging about 250 hrs per year and I'd like a job that flies quite a bit more ya know. I'm only 24 and everyone keeps telling me I'm young which I hear them but I'd really like to end up in the airlines asap, referably with allegiant!

Thanks again for the tip though! High appreciated!

undflyboy06 09-16-2013 08:52 PM

I hope everything works out.

Once you get 1200 TT send your stuff into AMF. If you know anyone that works at AMF right now use them to walk your stuff into SH. There are some descent time runs out there at a few bases scattered throughout the country. The CVG base has a few high time runs. The CVG base is a base where people get in, get their time, and leave. Perfect for your situation.

Good Luck.

SWAblue 09-17-2013 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 1485139)
There's evidence over the years that some major airlines are pretty impressed by it. . . .

Sure its impressive. There many type of single pilot operations that are as impressive, or even more. And the majors are very well aware of the challenge those airplanes take single pilot.

It depends on your career goals if you think that will be enough. We are just entering the push for airline hiring at the Legacy/Major airlines. In this era I am betting that crew experience will be as valuable as a degree or turbine time. Not the kind of experience where the pilot in the right seat is purchasing time as an FO that otherwise would be a single pilot operation.

In another year we will have a good feel for the next five on what type of experiences for each carrier will be the norm, finally.

Have fun out there!

aTomatoFlames 09-17-2013 10:36 AM

EMB-120 Bases: Seattle, Cincinnati, Miami, Borinquen, Phoenix. Might still be 120s in Dallas.

NoJoy 09-17-2013 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by aTomatoFlames (Post 1485535)
EMB-120 Bases: Seattle, Cincinnati, Miami, Borinquen, Phoenix. Might still be 120s in Dallas.

Thx. I take it CVG is jr and BFI is the senior base for FOs right?

polymox 09-17-2013 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by NoJoy (Post 1485558)

It seems the company is fat on EMB FOs everywhere right now, subject to change the day they find a home for the unused airplanes.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-17-2013 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by aTomatoFlames (Post 1485535)

Dallas E120s are no more.

Originally Posted by polymox (Post 1485647)
It seems the company is fat on EMB FOs everywhere right now, subject to change the day they find a home for the unused airplanes.

Exactly.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-17-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1485254)
Thanks for the reply! Although I'm currently flying in the air ambulance industry in the c90 but averaging about 250 hrs per year and I'd like a job that flies quite a bit more ya know. I'm only 24 and everyone keeps telling me I'm young which I hear them but I'd really like to end up in the airlines asap, referably with allegiant!

Thanks again for the tip though! High appreciated!

Occasionally we will hire someone at about 1175, knowing they will get about 25 hours prior to their check ride and then be legal as a 135 captain at that time. I definitely wouldn't go the E120 SIC route when you have almost 1200 to begin with.

I personally know 4 guys that have gone to Allegiant from AMF, one quite recently. So that is a very achievable goal.

aTomatoFlames 09-17-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by NoJoy (Post 1485558)

Just depends where they need people. Like others have said they just hired a lot of new FOs. At least 4 maybe 6.