Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Jetlife 07-26-2014 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1692173)
C.O...have you worked there?

Jetlife, you may be Right because of your base but having the chance to live in home base and with a schedule like we had at MIA life was better than the crappy 135's and other "airlines" down here.

Life isn't perfect anywhere, even at the majors guys are whining....it's all bout perspective. AMF isn't as bad as a lot of people paint it but then again Im sure other bases were miserable...I had to listen to the stories at KBED of what some guys went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt! Can't argue with anything you said. I just remember guys that were home from 8pm to 430am 5 days a week trying to talk smack about regional guys and how they weren't home every night.

Jetlife 07-26-2014 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver (Post 1692155)
If you went to work at amf id do you a favor and kill you.

I worked there years ago now. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Jetlife 07-26-2014 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snapshot217 (Post 1692201)
Hey all, I'm heading to the Open House this weekend in Dayton. Any tips for making a good impression, besides the obvious? Apparently Sherri Hudson is no longer the pilot recruiter, she's been replaced by David Hanson who I talked to over the phone last week and seems like a nice guy. As far as attire goes, should I go full tilt with the suit or will a nice dress shirt, tie, and slacks be the way to go? Anyone else heading there?

I will give you a piece of advice, dress for the job you want, not the job you have (or in your case, the job you're interviewing for). Nobody will talk smack about you wearing a suit, and when you interview at your dream job, that's exactly what you're going to wear, so wear the suit. This goes for when you work there as well. Dress like you want to work at United. Guys at AMF that walk around with dirty uniforms and looking like homeless people always made me confused.

Maybe it is the ex-military in me, but I dry cleaned my uniforms when I was at AMF.

Good luck at the open house!!

eman 07-26-2014 09:15 AM

Ameriflight

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1692187)
He doesn't have 135 mins yet.

LMFAO! And he already knows how AMF is and is willing to put someone out of their misery if they go there. What a great guy [emoji57]

Good lookin' out C.O! [emoji52]

eman 07-26-2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1692275)
No doubt! Can't argue with anything you said. I just remember guys that were home from 8pm to 430am 5 days a week trying to talk smack about regional guys and how they weren't home every night.

Yup I hear that! Some routes sucked. MIA was good to me. I for one am happy I went to AMF and made the best of my time. Kinda bummed I can't call myself a freight dawg anymore ...

Snapshot217 07-26-2014 11:07 AM

Thanks for the advice Jetlife, can't go wrong with that.

Jetlife 07-26-2014 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1692419)
Kinda bummed I can't call myself a freight dawg anymore ...

Said nobody ever.

Yazzoo 07-26-2014 04:05 PM

If you're a CFI, sitting around 1200 hours, with a job offer from AMF...just build 300 more hours and go to a regional.
I really enjoyed my time at AMF (mainly because of the good people and fun base) but that's all it was, flight time. My final goal is 121/corporate, and I will get there quicker coming from a regional. I left at my first regional offer and have no regrets. AMF management will tell you otherwise..."get 1000 TPIC here...it will make you a better pilot...etc" - but they don't tell you:
1) Majors will hire you with 4000 121 SIC and no PIC...the same can't be said for guys with 1000 135 TPIC and no 121 experience. They are destined to go to the regionals to build that time. So since you will be going to a regional anyways to get the 121 experience, it makes sense to go earlier and get better seniority.
2) Logging lots of single pilot IFR doesn't make you a better aviator, it makes you a better single-pilot IFR operator. Flying a multi-crew jet with lots of glass and automation isn't easier, it's different, and requires a different skill set.

8ballfreight 07-26-2014 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver (Post 1692155)
If you went to work at amf id do you a favor and kill you.

even in a joking manner, on the Internet saying stuff like that can make very real police officers knock on your door.
Welcome to the Internet.

8ballfreight 07-26-2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1692419)
Kinda bummed I can't call myself a freight dawg anymore ...

Brother once a freight dog, always a freight dog. :)

That stank don't come off neither :D