Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

aTomatoFlames 01-14-2014 03:52 PM

95% of the time you'll be home every night/day. But your days will be long when flying. If you're at a base that has reserve then you sit at the airport for a few hours hoping nothing goes terribly wrong. When it does not go wrong you go home for the rest of the day. My base has reserve 2-3 times a week, I'm usually home by noon. But my base and my situation is a special case.

fratedog 01-17-2014 07:19 AM

As a former AMF'er I have to know the deal with this new management. Whats the word on the street? Anyone have the deets? Any big changes?

Pebbles Aviation, LLC Closes Acquisition of Ameriflight, LLC | Business Wire

frmrbuffdrvr 01-17-2014 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by fratedog (Post 1561151)
As a former AMF'er I have to know the deal with this new management. Whats the word on the street? Anyone have the deets? Any big changes?

So far it's just conjecture other than we have been told the new owner plans to grow the business. One change that has happened is that office staff (dispatchers, etc.) were told today that they no longer have to wear ties. Not sure if the same will follow for pilots, but it would be nice.

freightdog 01-18-2014 06:09 AM

Ted,

You just want an excuse to wear your USAF flight suit again. 😉

jcrews 01-19-2014 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1561406)
So far it's just conjecture other than we have been told the new owner plans to grow the business. One change that has happened is that office staff (dispatchers, etc.) were told today that they no longer have to wear ties. Not sure if the same will follow for pilots, but it would be nice.

That would be fantastic!

Jetlife 01-20-2014 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by fratedog (Post 1561151)

Supposedly AMF, or Pebble, acquired Mountain Air Cargo, Encore and some smaller operators. I am completely out of the loop there so take that with a grain. The internal buzz is that nobody knows what is going to happen, but I haven't heard much in the way of hopeful changes.

frmrbuffdrvr 01-21-2014 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1561820)
You just want an excuse to wear your USAF flight suit again. 😉

I'd have to buy new ones because, while I still have one, there is no WAY I could fit into it.:o

DaCat1989 01-23-2014 01:38 PM

So I've been told to call the pilot recruiter at AMF to ask some questions but she hasn't answered and I've called multiple times leaving a voicemail but hasn't called back. Is it a super busy time at AMF or something or am I not doing something right?

I'm very very close to their minimums and very interested in AMF

mojo6911 01-24-2014 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1563091)
Supposedly AMF, or Pebble, acquired Mountain Air Cargo, Encore and some smaller operators. I am completely out of the loop there so take that with a grain. The internal buzz is that nobody knows what is going to happen, but I haven't heard much in the way of hopeful changes.

They didn't acquire Encore.

Jetlife 01-24-2014 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by mojo6911 (Post 1565844)
They didn't acquire Encore.

I stand corrected. Like I said, I am out of the loop, that was just something that a friend told me.