Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

DaCat1989 02-23-2014 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1588104)
Just out of curiosity, why leave your KA gig for AMF?

Many reasons. Mostly because my QOL is crappy. i'm away from home 20+ days every month because management can't seem to keep the employees happy so they quit and i'm constantly being asked to cover extra shifts which i do just so the company can stay in service. They just don't seem to care much about their employees. If the company cared about us then maybe i'd feel different and wouldn't be so desperate to leave.

As to why AMF, everyone i've talked to that currently flies or were at amf has told me that they've enjoyed it very much. The pay is much better at AMF than where i'm at and also, i'd be home every night which is huge.
Most importantly, I want to be at a company where i can learn how to do other things other than just fly. For example, i'd like to be a captain for one. Where i'm at now, they want 4000tt to upgrade and i'm only at 1130tt flying about 275-300 per year. Another, is that i'd like to become a check airman, a ground instructor, training captain, etc. I'd like to be a part of the company to a point where i can contribute to the company and help grow as well as help other fellow pilots.

Anyways, sorry if i turned this into a long message haha but where i'm at now, its just a dead end.

Jetlife 02-24-2014 07:56 AM

Makes total sense. AMF is the place for that, although if the pay is much better than where you are at now, I don't even know what you could be making there :p

DaCat1989 02-24-2014 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1588574)
Makes total sense. AMF is the place for that, although if the pay is much better than where you are at now, I don't even know what you could be making there :p

To put it in perspective, I'd be happier working for a regional. Not all but a couple :D

Jetlife 02-24-2014 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1588829)
To put it in perspective, I'd be happier working for a regional. Not all but a couple :D

Well, people are flooding out of AMF on an almost daily basis to go to the regionals, just to give you another perspective.

MistyFAC 02-24-2014 05:14 PM

One man's trash,... another's treasure. If I didn't have a family to support I'd be very happy at AMF flying a B1900 or Metro. Maybe for retirement...

ATOP40 02-26-2014 10:22 AM

What is the work rule at AMF for showing before a flight? Half hour? One hour?

Thanks!

own nav 02-26-2014 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1590411)
What is the work rule at AMF for showing before a flight? Half hour? One hour?

Thanks!

45 minutes, which is what you'll typically do for showing on the PM side at an outstation. But your morning show time for UPS runs is usually a set time for the base. A lot of bases are between 5 and 6 AM.

waflyboy 02-26-2014 01:24 PM

More base seniority questions for you AMF guys, if you don't mind:
Is BFI still a pretty senior base?
How about the BE-99 in PDX? Any chance for it right away?

own nav 02-26-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by waflyboy (Post 1590558)
More base seniority questions for you AMF guys, if you don't mind:
Is BFI still a pretty senior base?
How about the BE-99 in PDX? Any chance for it right away?

Yes, BFI is a senior base.

I'm sure someone else could tell you more about PDX, but given as many chieftains as they have, I seriously doubt you're going to leapfrog all those pilots to get into the BE99 direct.

SLC has hired some direct BE99 pilots recently, but it's an all turbine base. The other best bet to get the BE99 direct is to find an outstation based opening.

10SNE1 02-26-2014 03:11 PM

How senior is PHX for AMF?