Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

undflyboy06 03-14-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2bennySODC6 (Post 1151406)
How difficult is it to hold San Juan or Miami at Ameriflight? If you have multi turbine PIC experience do you still have to start in a Navajo? Thanks

Miami and San Juan are pretty senior when it comes to the CVG base. Most have been with the company for 3 years or more.

Unfortunately with the turbine pic experience and starting in the Chieftain, it all depends on the needs of the company. If they have plenty of bids from employees they fill the position in company. It's when they can't really find anyone for the position when it gives people with prior experience a better chance to skip the Chieftain and go into something bigger.

2bennySODC6 03-14-2012 10:23 PM

Thank you ---- I appreciate the info.

brian434 03-15-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2bennySODC6 (Post 1151406)
How difficult is it to hold San Juan or Miami at Ameriflight? If you have multi turbine PIC experience do you still have to start in a Navajo? Thanks

Recruiting told me that a few months ago they would hire directly into the 99 but now all their slots of staying filled. It sounds like they have enough people and then some right now. Pilots that wanted first available ground school would get Oakland and those that wanted Portland would have to wait until June to start. (PA31)

ATOP40 04-02-2012 08:09 AM

Out of the 210 or so pilots at AMF, how many consider this their career job?

How long is the upgrade to the BE1900 or the SA227 in the western most bases?

Thanks.

Earl81 04-02-2012 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1162288)

Thanks.

There are some guys/gals that aren't going anywhere. For the most part pilots here dont stay here as a career. Some people come here for a short period of time and then go to the regionals. Some people are lucky enough to go to the majors. Some people go corporate. Some people get out of aviation all together.

Its hard to say how long the upgrade time is for metro/1900 in the western states but I can say that it will probably be a long time (years...) There are a lot of people with internal bids just waiting for an opening out west. This business changes quickly however so its hard to put a time frame on it. new runs, upgraded runs, turnover all make this company pretty fluid when it comes to pilot slots.

Ameriflight is still a great place to build your time and get some great experience. If you come here with an open mind on runs and time and keep your eyes and ears open for your next move its a good move

frmrbuffdrvr 04-03-2012 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1162288)

Thanks.

What do you consider to be "career"?

Out of just over 200 pilot (not counting management pilots) there are 24 who have been here over 10 years. While almost half have been here 2 years or less.

ATOP40 04-04-2012 02:20 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

I would need to live in Nor Cal and would like to give it a go to fly for Southwest. If it looks like I will not be competitive at Skywest I think that AMF would be an excellent option to become more competitive. I do have a really good "in" at SWA but it sounds too risky to let the 121 experience go by if offered.

Thanks again.

ATOP

SWAblue 04-05-2012 09:25 AM

ATOP40,

I sent you a PM,

UNCPHILLIPS 04-05-2012 02:41 PM

For the current AMF guys, what does it look like for a guy who lives in San Diego, thousands and thousands of hours in helicopters but only the bare mins on the fixed wing side for hiring? Feel free to PM me.

mwf008 04-06-2012 04:18 PM

AMF has had no problem hiring people with 135 mins in the past.