Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:49 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

As I stated earlier, we do provide hotels for AMF employed First officers. The questions regarding Eagle Jet FO's should be directed to Eagle Jet for answers. Eagle Jet FO's are given an opportunity by Ameriflight in exchange for payment to build time via this program. I may not agree or like the program but it is income for the company.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:51 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by sobo View Post
First off, we have first officers that are other than the Eagle Jet guys.

It makes sense to treat the people you intend to upgrade to captains well so that they'll stay at the company longer.

What's cheaper? Finding another candidate that's willing to work here for $44,000 a year, training them, and hoping they'll stay a year; OR treating the employees that are around that already have a marginal quality of life as it is well enough to keep them an additional year. A day room costs $45/d - mind you.

It's the mindset like this that really drives me insane at this company.

"Thin Margins" - show me the books.
This argument is not in regards to the Ameriflight employed first officers. Of course it makes sense to provide accommodations to them. The company is investing in them as future captains. I agree with you 100%.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

Originally Posted by 0000 View Post
Other than the EMB-120's, the rest of the fleet is single pilot. Tell me again why we would pay for accommodations for FO's that are not required for flight and detract from already thin margins?

Whether you intend to or not, you are making our point. Thin margins, cutting corners where they can, being cheap bastards. That is the kind of company they are. You think that attitude ends with the Eagle FO's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Thin margins hahaha!

Yea when I worked there in 2010 I was told that 28k was all they could afford to pay me, and if I didn't like it, I could take a hike. Then when hiring problems start plaguing the company, all of a sudden they find more and more money to try and throw at the problem. Thin margins my ass.
Yes, the market has changed. We didn't have nearly the problems hiring pilots back in 2010 as we do now. Thin margins? Yes. If you think we make big money from UPS, DHL or FedEx, you'd be wrong.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

When I get some better wifi I can post pictures of the black mold and fungus growing at the crew apartment we were assigned to.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Yes, the market has changed. We didn't have nearly the problems hiring pilots back in 2010 as we do now. Thin margins? Yes. If you think we make big money from UPS, DHL or FedEx, you'd be wrong.
Yep, didn't have the problems hiring pilots back then so AMF ran a communist dictatorship, firing pilots without cause, pushing them to do illegal things, and paying crap wages because they could. Not they are in full desperation mode. Your logic proves my point. If the margins were thin then, and thin now, it makes it pretty ironic that money can just float out of thin air doesn't it?
Old 09-22-2016, 01:01 PM
On Reserve

No, it doesn't float out of thin air. It has to come from our customers. It's a rise in the cost of doing business. We then charge more for our services in order to maintain staffing at new, higher, pay rates.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

AMF has been cleaning up financially for decades. Stop believing what management tells you.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

If you think we make big money from UPS, DHL or FedEx, you'd be wrong.

Not my problem, negotiate for better contracts.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Settle down. Only time you see an NJA pilot in the FBO sleeping is when they are required to be at the airport for tentative or hot spare. That is WAY different than having nowhere to go during your layover because the company won't provide you with a hotel.
Sounds like unless we have the whole story of WHY the guy was sleeping in the FBO then we don't really know.

That is why I asked if he spoke the individual. If that is the fact that the company is hanging him out for an entire day/night then I'd agree with you - but those details are lacking.

No reason for me to be settling down there jetlife.......I'm an outsider looking in and applying common sense and asking some questions for clarification - not some hater who can't move on or lover who works there.