Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

flyman3456 10-02-2008 05:25 PM

Anyone have any new information on Ameriflight? I haven't seen any job postings for awhile. I'm guessing they won't be hiring for awhile?

opps just realized the other thread!

DC2495 10-02-2008 09:35 PM

I recently hit my IFR mins a bit ago, looking for another 135 company to go to, but everyone stopped hiring. I shot my resume off to AMF last week, with the last news bleak for hiring potential. Today I noticed on climbto350 that they are looking for PA31 drivers in an "Open" domicile. The post has little if any info on where you would be able to call home while on "Open" domicile. Any of you AMF guys know what this is all about, and what the hiring scene is looking like, hrs exp etc? I noticed they want previous 135 exp, I have VFR experience and am getting on the IFR ticket in the PA34 come next week. Is this the kind of experience they are looking for?

freightdog 10-03-2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by DC2495 (Post 472817)
I recently hit my IFR mins a bit ago, looking for another 135 company to go to, but everyone stopped hiring. I shot my resume off to AMF last week, with the last news bleak for hiring potential. Today I noticed on climbto350 that they are looking for PA31 drivers in an "Open" domicile. The post has little if any info on where you would be able to call home while on "Open" domicile. Any of you AMF guys know what this is all about, and what the hiring scene is looking like, hrs exp etc? I noticed they want previous 135 exp, I have VFR experience and am getting on the IFR ticket in the PA34 come next week. Is this the kind of experience they are looking for?

Reference my reply in the other thread...

scott7dc 10-05-2008 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Gurucito (Post 283223)
If you can call departing Caracas or Port au Prince at night over water DARK, yes we fly after Dark.

There is lighting out there to light up the nights sky!

PS I hate Caracas!

Bukowski 10-06-2008 02:30 AM

I think they are hiring in PDX and OAK in the PA31.

hung05 10-23-2008 12:14 PM

other than base pay are there any pay for mileage flown?

Alti2d 10-23-2008 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by DC2495 (Post 472817)

Open is probably referring to system wide TDY. You go out and fill in where they need you, for as long as they need you. Usually works as a 3 weeks on 1 week off situation, but... subject to change. Time on would typically be M-F, early starts, layover for the day, fly back to base at night. PDX or OAK would be most likely, I agree....

Oh, as for pay, daily per diem (last I know was $35 flat per day) while on TDY, so $35/day for 21 days, paid for M-F and then paid for the week at home with no per diem. That was the typical setup last year for TDYs. Pay was 8 'units' per 12 hours or less of duty time, including flight time. So 40 units per week, as TDY that would include 40 units for the week spent at home too. each aircraft pays units at a different rate, the PA31 was around $11-12, Metros/1900s around $20 ish, that may have changed, I'm not there anymore...

Clear as mud??
That's all I've got... good luck

TheOak 11-04-2008 01:05 PM

How is the change going from regional airline to cargo? Seems great to me. what are some cons?

GunnerV 11-05-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Alti2d (Post 484370)
Open is probably referring to system wide TDY. You go out and fill in where they need you, for as long as they need you. Usually works as a 3 weeks on 1 week off situation, but... subject to change. Time on would typically be M-F, early starts, layover for the day, fly back to base at night. PDX or OAK would be most likely, I agree....

Oh, as for pay, daily per diem (last I know was $35 flat per day) while on TDY, so $35/day for 21 days, paid for M-F and then paid for the week at home with no per diem. That was the typical setup last year for TDYs. Pay was 8 'units' per 12 hours or less of duty time, including flight time. So 40 units per week, as TDY that would include 40 units for the week spent at home too. each aircraft pays units at a different rate, the PA31 was around $11-12, Metros/1900s around $20 ish, that may have changed, I'm not there anymore...

Clear as mud??
That's all I've got... good luck

Makes perfect sense to me. Do they pay for a hotel as well?

own nav 11-07-2008 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 491882)
How is the change going from regional airline to cargo? Seems great to me. what are some cons?

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...121-world.html