Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 03-09-2018 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by colonials13 (Post 2546803)
What are the bases for the EMB-120? Thanks!

BFI, PDX, ONT, SLC, GPI (outstaion based), PHX, BQN.

ZippyNH 03-09-2018 09:17 AM

Generally you catch an airline flight on a paid ticket to the city you will be flying out of on a Sunday, get a hotel, company paid, then start Monday am or pm depending on the route...if you generally have more than 4-5 hours in a location, the company will generally get you a place to stay, some locations may have crew cars, some use hotel shuttles at one or both ends. Then you generally return to your starting hotel for the night, and start over...
Other runs, you are in a different city each day, but as a home based captain, the company provides you a place.
In my experience hotels varry greatly, but have always been clean, safe and reasonable.
Sometimes you have a crew car, maybe shared, or solo, Sometimes a hotel shuttle, or just your two feet and hotel restaurant. It varries, but usually it's not too hard to make work.

Originally Posted by tailwheel (Post 2546911)
Can any of the Home Based guys tell us about how lodging works in your case?

The recruiter wasn't clear on this. Do you get a hotel during the day as usual, then another at night, or do you fly a schedule that doesn't need this for crew rest requirements?

Also, what type of transportation do you use for back and forth from lodging and the airport, food runs, etc?

tailwheel 03-09-2018 11:42 AM

That was helpful. Thanks!

colonials13 03-09-2018 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2546946)
BFI, PDX, ONT, SLC, GPI (outstaion based), PHX, BQN.

Thanks, own nav!

Jdub2 03-10-2018 09:29 AM

Applied, got the email, waiting for the phone call! :D

I’m a nervous nelly.

Lusher 03-10-2018 03:48 PM

Why are they hiring EMB-120 FO in TX?

I saw in the previous replies that there aren't any bases for the EMB-120 in Texas. Why does it show on the website that they're hiring FO's for multiple locations in TX? Are they going to be operating the EMB-120 out of a base in TX? Also, I was curious if the PIC time is a hard minimum? I have 415.3 PIC but I meet all of the other requirements. If there's no bases in TX then there's no point in me applying for it though. We're moving to the Dallas area in June.

SonicFlyer 03-10-2018 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2541130)
[*]The only position we have a contract for is the ACP position. Ameriflight is a great option to build hours toward your ATP - the only hours that do not count toward that ATP are your hours as an ACP FO (so if you come in at 950, those first 50 hours of being an FO will not count), because we are not required to have that position. After that, they all count! We have a Gateway Program with UPS (freight), but three programs with non-freight - Allegiant, Omni, Frontier.[/LIST]Hopefully all that made sense!

FO hours don't count towards ATP in the EMB120? Doesn't EMB120 require 2 crew members? :confused:

Javichu 03-10-2018 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer (Post 2548237)
FO hours don't count towards ATP in the EMB120? Doesn't EMB120 require 2 crew members? :confused:

EMB120 FO hours DO count towards your ATP. ACP program is done in the beech 99 .

Mrhr5b 03-11-2018 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by aiqs (Post 2546788)
HI there,

I would like to know is any one here is living at NM because i receive and offer to work there but i will need help with crashpad for a while.

Please Feel free with the suggestions, i'll appreciate any help out there. :p:p

I’m on my way out of Abq but let me ask a little more about your situation. As there are some important variables.
1) are you coming as an acp or a captain?
2) have you already started training yet?
3) how long are you thinking of being in nm? (Until you reach regional mins or until another base opens up or for longer)

Mrhr5b 03-11-2018 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lusher (Post 2548083)
I saw in the previous replies that there aren't any bases for the EMB-120 in Texas. Why does it show on the website that they're hiring FO's for multiple locations in TX? Are they going to be operating the EMB-120 out of a base in TX? Also, I was curious if the PIC time is a hard minimum? I have 415.3 PIC but I meet all of the other requirements. If there's no bases in TX then there's no point in me applying for it though. We're moving to the Dallas area in June.

My advice would be to build more time. Come in as a VFR captain or into the acp. When I first applied I wanted the emb 120 aswell and I was really lucky I didn’t get it. They get very very few hours in most case in the 120. I have 2 that I went through indoc with who over the past 6 months have averaged 35 hrs a month. Also something to be aware of is that it’s usually a couple months from the time you submit your application to your at class. If you want to speed that up and increase your chances go to recruiting events. I have 2 friends who applied with 1000+ hours and previous 135 experience and they have only just finally gotten offers after 3 months of waiting.