Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Sadly, not as many 99 routes (AMF SLC) as there used to be. There is PUC-VEL, ELY-WMC, BYI-SUN, and RXE (which is a spare airplane that could go anywhere it is needed to cover excess volume). Sometimes RKS is covered by a BE99.

Recent schedules have the BE99 pilots flying a mix of routes throughout the week, whereas the type rated pilots are more likely to stick with the same route throughout the week. There has been a lot of movement, so seniority and upgrades can come quick. There were openings on all 3 type rated aircraft this last bid period.

Hope that helps. Congrats, and see you around.
Thanks again for the info. That mix of BE99 routes actually sounds appealing to me, rather than flying the same thing day in and day out.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:06 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: PA23-250 Captain

Sent you a PM FreightDogs.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Rang the bell for you yesterday!
Thanks again freightDogs for answering all my questions, and helping me with the application process. You have been a huge help.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by FlightLife View Post
So, you're the reason the BE99 SLC job disappeared. Oh, well. I'm sure another will open up soon enough. Congrats!
Haha I guess so! I saw your interest and I had to beat you to it 😜
Old 04-27-2018, 10:32 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Sadly, not as many 99 routes (AMF SLC) as there used to be. There is PUC-VEL, ELY-WMC, BYI-SUN, and RXE (which is a spare airplane that could go anywhere it is needed to cover excess volume). Sometimes RKS is covered by a BE99.

Recent schedules have the BE99 pilots flying a mix of routes throughout the week, whereas the type rated pilots are more likely to stick with the same route throughout the week. There has been a lot of movement, so seniority and upgrades can come quick. There were openings on all 3 type rated aircraft this last bid period.

Hope that helps. Congrats, and see you around.
It’s does! Thanks for the reply.

Are you based out of SLC?
Old 04-28-2018, 08:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Seems like the schedules company wide are not commutable? Maybe I’m missing something? I was looking at the 120 FO position and it seems like I would have to relocate from south Florida or get a crash pad to be able to do accept that position when the time came. Any truth to this?
Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Bellair View Post
It’s does! Thanks for the reply.

Are you based out of SLC?
Yes, I am.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:56 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Seems like the schedules company wide are not commutable? Maybe I’m missing something? I was looking at the 120 FO position and it seems like I would have to relocate from south Florida or get a crash pad to be able to do accept that position when the time came. Any truth to this?
The EMB120 First Officer positions are not commutable.
The ACP First Officer positions, however, are commutable, because we fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system as our goal is to get you the hours you need as quickly as possible. And since we don't need an FO in that aircraft, we can just send you to our highest timed routes.

We prefer pilots to live less than 1.5 hours from the base where their route leaves out of. But we also know that's not completely possible. That's why we have Home-Based Captain positions. That schedule is different from our typical Monday through Friday, morning to evening. It's 14/7/14/14.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
It's not like a passenger airline where you could commute into the location you are starting your schedule from, fly around to different airports with the company providing a hotel each night and then commute back home at the end of your flight rotation.

In the small package cargo world you are flying from a hub to an outstation and back, sometimes with a daily layover between. If the layover is long enough, we pay for a hotel or provide an apartment. The pilot is responsible for providing their own place to stay at the other end. So you can commute on the days in between, though that is usually only two or three days maximum and doesn't leave much time at home after the commute travel. And we don't have a grace provision if your commute flight gets disrupted.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
The EMB120 First Officer positions are not commutable.
The ACP First Officer positions, however, are commutable, because we fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system as our goal is to get you the hours you need as quickly as possible. And since we don't need an FO in that aircraft, we can just send you to our highest timed routes.

We prefer pilots to live less than 1.5 hours from the base where their route leaves out of. But we also know that's not completely possible. That's why we have Home-Based Captain positions. That schedule is different from our typical Monday through Friday, morning to evening. It's 14/7/14/14.

Hope that helps!
That’s actually very helpful! Thank you! I definitely keep that position in mind moving forward. Single pilot multi turbine should be a lot of fun to fly.