Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Question

They aren't hiring EMB120 FO's any more are they?
Old 07-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Hmm - but you know you're going to be traveling Thursday well beforehand? Trying to understand if the week or two of off time is fixed and allows you to be "off the grid".
Old 07-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed View Post
What is the schedule like for the ACP program? Then once captain, I am guessing one would have to relocate to the base assigned or is there some preferences given? Reason I ask is my situation is not able to move to any base but will have the ACP time come this fall. Looks like a great program. Thanks
The ACP schedule is a bit intense since we are trying to get you up to Captain mins as quickly as possible. You won't have a base and we send you anywhere in our system where you work our typical schedule alongside a Captain.

Once you become a Captain, you'll be able to choose your base from what's available. Then you would work the typical schedule. If you are unable to relocate, Home-Based may be an option. That schedule is different at 14/7/14/14.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by airgoose View Post
hello there,

I have few questions too!

1) how can i get in? i got 1000TT with about 800 ME turbine and jet and 140 PIC. does my profile still gets me on ACP?
2) Can a candidate signup for multiple gateway program? how many go your captains got into respected gateways? like Omni, Frontier and Allegiant?

thanks
Future AMF pilot
Hi, there!

Here are the mins for the ACP FO position: 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
It looks like your TT, ME, and Turbine are great. Unfortunately, your PIC is too low.

Our pilot programs are all relatively new. We've had a handful flow over so far. We also have eight pilots in our UPS Gateway Program.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:50 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by dash3t View Post

I'm looking at being available for the October class. When's a good time to submit application if targeting that class?

Thanks,
Dash3t
Hi, there!

We are currently wrapping up hiring for our August class and already have several lined up for our September class.
I would say to submit an application for the October class in the next couple of weeks. Definitely before September 15th!

Hope to have you on our team soon!
Old 07-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

Here are the mins for the ACP FO position: 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
It looks like your TT, ME, and Turbine are great. Unfortunately, your PIC is too low.

Our pilot programs are all relatively new. We've had a handful flow over so far. We also have eight pilots in our UPS Gateway Program.

Hope that helps!

Hi FreightDogs,
I'm wondering if those minimums are assuming all fixed wing experience? Ie. if someone started with 700TT in helicopters and then did all the required fixed wing addon certificates/ratings, applicable 135 fixed-wing experience, and 800TT would AmeriFlight consider them?
Old 07-22-2018, 07:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

Hope that helps!
Do you have to become a UPS intern in order to do the gateway program? Thx.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by FuturePilot79 View Post
Do you have to become a UPS intern in order to do the gateway program? Thx.
Negative. The UPS intern program is refered to as "Phase 1." Phase 2 is for existing AMF pilots and pilots who hire direct to AMF. There a number of targets to meet in the course of the program leading to a final one year mentor program culminating in a formal interview invitation. FreightDog can give you more specific information but short answer it is available to all pilots who wish to pursue that path.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:18 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Negative. The UPS intern program is refered to as "Phase 1." Phase 2 is for existing AMF pilots and pilots who hire direct to AMF. There a number of targets to meet in the course of the program leading to a final one year mentor program culminating in a formal interview invitation. FreightDog can give you more specific information but short answer it is available to all pilots who wish to pursue that path.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2018, 04:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Cancer Treatment
Default HBC not available if you live near AMF Base

Welp, found out from recruiting today that the Home Based Captain positions are only available to people who don't already live near an AMF base (within an hour).

I'm sure it's my misunderstanding but this is not the impression I've been given here in the forums so just FYI if anyone else was thinking like me, who can't relocate and wanted to use the HBC Schedule for QOL and to do other work to boost income.

Gonna have to figure something else out I guess.

/Bummed