Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Window Licker

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Anyone have any gouge on the accelerated captain program?

Specifically, equipment do they start you out on and pay during that time?
Old 03-18-2017, 04:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Md5drivr View Post

I've seen all types used (Pa31, Be99, Sa227, and Be1900). Pay is standard 31k for FOs from what I have seen. Type may depend on location and runs available, the most important thing is to get your 200 SIC/1000TT in a short time so you can become a captain.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Md5drivr View Post

I got the be-99 until I reach around 1500 the be-1900 should be available 31k until I have 50 hours in it since I'm already at 1000 then 44k after line check and release as captain
Old 03-18-2017, 10:46 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Jeff90, I'm planning to be there for the 99 program April 3.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Originally Posted by Jeff90 View Post
I just sent my resume and they called me be persistent they don't want people just to come work for them just to build time
And yet that's what they will come into class and tell you-I was just there in February. They know that the only reason people come there is to build time. Thats why they have agreement with 3 (two sheety ones and Allegiant) airlines. They know that 3 years is all they're going to get out of people.
I made it through the Metro program but left for another operator (Non-US) simply for the money. The Metro is not a complicated airplane if you can walk and chew gum. What seems to make it so complicated for folks is that there is no automation, no master warning/caution and the props turn the wrong way. If you will just read the study material they provide (not the 3 ring binder dead weight) you will learn all you need to know to be successful. On the other hand-the SOP's for two crew are the worst I have ever seen.
Overall I thought it was going to be a pretty good job. Never could get an answer on home based schedule though. Recruiter told me 2/2. Some guy came in and said 18/12 and yet another person told me 2/1-based on scheduling needs...and the couple of people that are home based all said its a combination of all the above.

Last edited by bajthejino; 03-18-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by bajthejino View Post
And yet that's what they will come into class and tell you-I was just there in February. They know that the only reason people come there is to build time. Thats why they have agreement with 3 (two sheety ones and Allegiant) airlines. They know that 3 years is all they're going to get out of people.
I made it through the Metro program but left for another operator (Non-US) simply for the money. The Metro is not a complicated airplane if you can walk and chew gum. What seems to make it so complicated for folks is that there is no automation, no master warning/caution and the props turn the wrong way. If you will just read the study material they provide (not the 3 ring binder dead weight) you will learn all you need to know to be successful. On the other hand-the SOP's for two crew are the worst I have ever seen.
Overall I thought it was going to be a pretty good job. Never could get an answer on home based schedule though. Recruiter told me 2/2. Some guy came in and said 18/12 and yet another person told me 2/1-based on scheduling needs...and the couple of people that are home based all said its a combination of all the above.
I would add nose wheel steering, aileron control, and braking action to your list of things that were hard to adjust to on the Metro. Free turbine engines on our other planes have far less aborted starts as well. There are many points where I would agree that "it's not complicated," but I would definitely advise against letting that allow a complacent attitude going into training, or any day flying it for that matter.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:45 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2014

FYI, if you're applying for a FO spot, be VERY aware that unless you go into the E120, your time can NOT be counted towards your ATP.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:58 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by shoestrings1229 View Post
FYI, if you're applying for a FO spot, be VERY aware that unless you go into the E120, your time can NOT be counted towards your ATP.
First time trying this quote thing, we'll see how it goes.

I thought the same thing, and I still haven't found when this reg was passed or approved, but check out: Docket No. FAA-2016-6142, Notice No. 16-02.

It proposes that SICs can log time when not otherwise required if they are part of a SIC PDP, and that time can count towards ATP. I was told that this FO deal is a new program that just started this March, so maybe those laws apply now? Not sure, but I want to do my homework before joining a company.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

If it has changed, it would be nice to get a memo. Until then, the memo we have says no, you can't currently count the SIC time (other than the E120) toward your ATP.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:19 AM
New Hire

Default Current Ameriflight Pilots

I would like some honesty from people that have been hired and started flying for Ameriflight. How do you like it overall? What are your likes and dislikes? What is your schedule like? What do you think of the overall atmosphere within Ameriflight? All the feedback received is much appreciated. Thanks.