Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

I'm sorry to hear about this!
Would you mind sending me your first and last name (and the first and last name of the 2 other guys)? I can look you all up in our system and determine your status/get someone to contact you. Feel free to PM the names.

Thank you!
Thanks I appreciate that but I was more curious at this point than anything. My buddies are in ground school with their new employers and I have a few offers already. I first applied the end of February and again in late March and was curious if i messed something up or if my qualifications were not enough but have received lots of phone calls since so was just curious if something else was going on. Thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Thanks I appreciate that but I was more curious at this point than anything. My buddies are in ground school with their new employers and I have a few offers already. I first applied the end of February and again in late March and was curious if i messed something up or if my qualifications were not enough but have received lots of phone calls since so was just curious if something else was going on. Thanks
I see. I'm not aware of anything going on.
We had a minor change in staffing with one of our recruiters going to Frontier a few weeks ago. The recruiting department has tried not to let anyone slip through the cracks, but obviously there has been some sort of mess up. I would like to apologize! We normally get back to every applicant (even if they mess something up or don't meet our qualifications).
Old 04-18-2017, 05:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
I see. I'm not aware of anything going on.
We had a minor change in staffing with one of our recruiters going to Frontier a few weeks ago. The recruiting department has tried not to let anyone slip through the cracks, but obviously there has been some sort of mess up. I would like to apologize! We normally get back to every applicant (even if they mess something up or don't meet our qualifications).
Would that be Zeke? Because I have fallen through the cracks 3 times and finally gave up. This after an apology from your chief pilot at a hiring event. All three said they wanted to hire me. Zeke was the last one I spoke with and gave me a verbal offer then left for vacation. I've heard nothing since.

I know you guys had a complete turn over of your HR dept recently but it doesn't sound like it was for the better. If Amflight wants to survive the pilot shortage you guys might want to get your act together.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Feel free to send me a private message if you want any information about Ameriflight.

I'm just finishing up my time with the company after almost a year of flying the line as a E120 first officer. If you have questions regarding that program, the quality of life, or other general questions - feel free to reach out.

Captain stuff, schedule stuff, etc - Best to ask elsewhere.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by sobo View Post
Feel free to send me a private message if you want any information about Ameriflight.

I'm just finishing up my time with the company after almost a year of flying the line as a E120 first officer. If you have questions regarding that program, the quality of life, or other general questions - feel free to reach out.

Not trying to put you to work, but you could do a writeup of your experience in here and then if we had any more questions we could ask.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BrianATL View Post
Not trying to put you to work, but you could do a writeup of your experience in here and then if we had any more questions we could ask.
I second this emotion.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

Great write-up!

Good luck at Piedmont!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by sobo View Post

What happened to the write up? I had it here, started to read it, checked somewhere else real quick on the site, came back and it was gone.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by BrianATL View Post
What happened to the write up? I had it here, started to read it, checked somewhere else real quick on the site, came back and it was gone.
I had it removed, after I thought about it more I realized some parties might not take the write up as constructively as I meant for it to be. If anyone is interested they can reach out to me.

Last edited by sobo; 04-20-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Is anyone looking to get into the June class? I'm still waiting to hear word back after my video interview...it certainly looks as if things a moving for the company (a possible reason), but I feel a little of what previous posters have mentioned in regards to falling through the cracks. I need to hear back pretty soon in order to put in my 30 days for a June class. Curious to hear about anyone else's experience.