Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by StartUp161WanaB View Post
Can someone correct me if I am misunderstanding this

If I get hired around 800TT they will put me in a SIC position to build my time up to 135IFR minimums
After successful completion of 135 checkride, I can hold a regular line depending on aircraft and location

Is there a training contract for this?

I also read about rotation schedule for captains, will the company pay for airline back and forth for me on the rotation?
Hi!

If you get hired into the Accelerated Captain Program, you'll come in at around 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 50 night, 500 PIC, and 75 instrument.
You'll fly as an FO in a BE99 until you reach 1,000TT. You'll then upgrade to restricted Captain in a BE99 (at this point you'll hold a regular line in a specific base). Restricted = lower weather mins and additional mentoring. Once you reach 1,200TT, you'll become a regular unrestricted Captain.

There is not a training contract.

While you are an FO, you will essentially be TDYing/on a rotation schedule. Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day). Once you become a restricted or non-restricted Captain, you will hold a line. If at any point you TDY, Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day).

Hope that helps!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi!

If you get hired into the Accelerated Captain Program, you'll come in at around 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 50 night, 500 PIC, and 75 instrument.
You'll fly as an FO in a BE99 until you reach 1,000TT. You'll then upgrade to restricted Captain in a BE99 (at this point you'll hold a regular line in a specific base). Restricted = lower weather mins and additional mentoring. Once you reach 1,200TT, you'll become a regular unrestricted Captain.

While you are an FO, you will essentially be TDYing/on a rotation schedule. Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day). Once you become a restricted or non-restricted Captain, you will hold a line. If at any point you TDY, Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day).

Hope that helps!
FO ACP program is asking for 50ME per the recruiting material/AMF job board. Is the ME time change an error or is the 50 ME ideal vs required?

Also will they be hiring any more regular EMB 120 FOs in the next month or two or is AMF moving towards the FO ACP program entirely?

Any info is appreciated.

Last edited by PetRock; 04-10-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: additional question
Old 04-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by PetRock View Post
FO ACP program is asking for 50ME per the recruiting material/AMF job board. Is the ME time change an error or is the 50 ME ideal vs required?

Also will they be hiring any more regular EMB 120 FOs in the next month or two or is AMF moving towards the FO ACP program entirely?

Any info is appreciated.
They will be hiring into both.

Ameriflight typically staffs the E120 at about 150% capacity. Right now we have 9 planes, 8 FO on the line, and 6 more in training. E120 hiring for the next few months will be limited.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Ameriflight

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for pointing that out!
We actually lowered it from the 50 to 25 and just haven't updated all the job postings.

We're keeping our EMB-120 FOs, but at the moment we are at full capacity so the position isn't available on our careers site.
Since we only have 9 EMB-120s, it's more rare to find an open FO spot in those.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: Left Seat 98Toyota

Hi!

Hope that helps!

What is TDY, hard ticket?

I have about 130 multi (Seminole)but have not flown multi since 2008
Before I apply, I will def get current

So basically I will have to relocate until I get to unrestricted captain position?
Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

Thanks for pointing that out!
We actually lowered it from the 50 to 25 and just haven't updated all the job postings.

We're keeping our EMB-120 FOs, but at the moment we are at full capacity so the position isn't available on our careers site.
Since we only have 9 EMB-120s, it's more rare to find an open FO spot in those.
So based on the last time I saw EMB 120 FO positions on the board (Oct) it will roughly be 6 more months until AMF will be hiring another "batch" of FOs?
Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by StartUp161WanaB View Post
What is TDY, hard ticket?

I have about 130 multi (Seminole)but have not flown multi since 2008
Before I apply, I will def get current

So basically I will have to relocate until I get to unrestricted captain position?
Essentially, you'll fly anywhere we need you in the system while you are an ACP FO. So you won't have a base, but you don't have to relocate. We fly you where we need you and pay for your housing. Once you become an unrestricted Captain, you'll get a base.

Hard ticket means we purchase the ticket for you. That way you do not have to jumpseat or use CASS. It's a guaranteed seat.

You are good on Multi for the Accelerated Captain Program! What are your other times like?
Old 04-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Ameriflight

So based on the last time I saw EMB 120 FO positions on the board (Oct) it will roughly be 6 more months until AMF will be hiring another "batch" of FOs?
I just spoke with our Senior Director of Recruiting who says our EMB-120 FO positions should be open again on our careers site in approximately 3 months. Hope that helps!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: Left Seat 98Toyota

Essentially, you'll fly anywhere we need you in the system while you are an ACP FO. So you won't have a base, but you don't have to relocate. We fly you where we need you and pay for your housing. Once you become an unrestricted Captain, you'll get a base.

Hard ticket means we purchase the ticket for you. That way you do not have to jumpseat or use CASS. It's a guaranteed seat.

You are good on Multi for the Accelerated Captain Program! What are your other times like?
625+ and counting
Doing pictometry now so the days are getting longer and more hours

Do you have a number I can reach you?
Old 04-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Is it possible to go from the ACP program to the Home Base 18on/12off?

What about if you have more than 1000 but not 1200?

I'm really interested in the home base.

Thanks