Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 05:47 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by ECMO4 View Post
On the main website I only see the ACP-FO offering for TX. If I apply under the TX program would it be possible to get ABQ? Understand that the ACP-FO candidate might get pushed to other places to get the hours but I live in ABQ and that would be my desired final location.
For the Accelerated Captain Program, you could live in ABQ. The position does not have a base as we send them throughout our system on our highest timed routes.

The position has Texas as the job location, because we had to put a location for the website. Hope that makes sense!
Old 07-09-2018, 06:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
For the Accelerated Captain Program, you could live in ABQ. The position does not have a base as we send them throughout our system on our highest timed routes.

The position has Texas as the job location, because we had to put a location for the website. Hope that makes sense!
What is the schedule like for the ACP program? Then once captain, I am guessing one would have to relocate to the base assigned or is there some preferences given? Reason I ask is my situation is not able to move to any base but will have the ACP time come this fall. Looks like a great program. Thanks
Old 07-09-2018, 11:24 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Retired NFO flying a desk and a few students.

Makes perfect sense, thank you!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: FO
Default 1000TT future AMF pilot

hello there,

I have few questions too!

1) how can i get in? i got 1000TT with about 800 ME turbine and jet and 140 PIC. does my profile still gets me on ACP?
2) Can a candidate signup for multiple gateway program? how many go your captains got into respected gateways? like Omni, Frontier and Allegiant?

thanks
Future AMF pilot
Old 07-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by airgoose View Post
hello there,

I have few questions too!

1) how can i get in? i got 1000TT with about 800 ME turbine and jet and 140 PIC. does my profile still gets me on ACP?
2) Can a candidate signup for multiple gateway program? how many go your captains got into respected gateways? like Omni, Frontier and Allegiant?

thanks
Future AMF pilot
Just out of curiosity, how and where did you get those hours?
Old 07-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Cancer Treatment
Default When to apply if targeting October Class

I'm looking at being available for the October class. When's a good time to submit application if targeting that class?

Thanks,
Dash3t

Last edited by dash3t; 07-14-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Punctuation :)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain
Default Questions for home-based Captains

Hey all - looking at an October 1 class date for home-based 1900 Captain.

I know the short answer is always "it depends", but curious how things tend to work:

Do you generally stay at the same base for the 2 weeks, or do you get shuffled over the weekend?

Are you getting the same base(s) a lot?

Is there flexibility or does it throw a wrench in the system -e.g. if I am at a base where I have family, can I ask to take my week off there and save the company $?

Are the hotels generally places you can get laundry done? Curious how light you manage to pack...

Any other comments regarding the duty & lifestyle appreciated...
Old 07-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Continuingappch View Post
Hey all - looking at an October 1 class date for home-based 1900 Captain.

I know the short answer is always "it depends", but curious how things tend to work:

Do you generally stay at the same base for the 2 weeks, or do you get shuffled over the weekend?

Are you getting the same base(s) a lot?

Is there flexibility or does it throw a wrench in the system -e.g. if I am at a base where I have family, can I ask to take my week off there and save the company $?

Are the hotels generally places you can get laundry done? Curious how light you manage to pack...

Any other comments regarding the duty & lifestyle appreciated...
Different plane...
But in my experience it "depends"..lol, like you said..
I usually pack enough for a week...then wash on my day off...some do it more often if they can find time. I find that I can fit a weeks outfits into one carry on roller bag, then a bag of flight gear for easy travel without checking a bag.
Some routes are more of a round robin routine...with a different hotel daily, as opposed to the more common out and back schedule, with a hotel at a hub/base and a dayroom/2nd hotel during a layover...most hotels typically have laundry.
Typical they seem to rotate home based people through the system, guessing it's to avoid getting people tired of the same route and getting "route rut"..also the cities/routes that need coverage varry due to turnover, open bids based pilots, vacations and training...
Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Thanks so much for the feedback. One other question I forgot to ask - about how far in advance do you get the flight res/base assignment?
Old 07-17-2018, 03:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Continuingappch View Post
Thanks so much for the feedback. One other question I forgot to ask - about how far in advance do you get the flight res/base assignment?
Usually Wednesday or Thursday for Saturday or Sunday travel....but occasionally you must travel Thursday for a Friday start depending on the route, but you get the days off you loose on the back end of the trip, so it's not a bad set-up.
Just remember, things are pretty dynamic, and everything is subject to change based on operational needs.