Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
Yeah I was surprised also by increased numbers in the current environment. All of the BE 99 openings I looked at said150 hours multi but copy paste from one listing to another would do that easily.
Hearing rumors that insurance is increasing minimums for 135 operators.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
Hearing rumors that insurance is increasing minimums for 135 operators.
Having worked for a couple operators, I can state that once you are the industry leader, the operator GENERALLY writes their own minimums, and as long as loss rates are not too high, it' all good....most companies self-insure for most mishaps to a large extent, through LARGE deductibles that mean MANY mishaps occur before a claim is made. Typically it's after people DIE that numbers take a jump, even if temporary, to placate owner, the FAA, and insurance companies.
Pretty sure tweaks are more about matching supply and demand, and to ensure that the training department meets pass rates. Everybody always wants to think that they are the "special case" but at a bigger company, it's a numbers game, filling seats, and staying within goals and budgets.
Let's face it... quality multi time is hard to come by, and much of what some people show up with is what I call "junk" time, often riding with an owner, or helping another pilot, and the legality is often iffy at best. Higher numbers simply help to keep more of those Parker p51 pilots out of the system, as they often wash out.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Amflight might be trying to put better filters on their applicants. My interview (over the phone) was a joke. They didnt ask any questions aside from what I had already answered on the application about flight times, etc. Indoc class had 6 or 7 guys in the 99, a few metros and a 1900 guy. The 1900 guy even worked for AMF before and didnt pass indoc. Only half of the 99 pilots made it to line training. I’m not sure what happened to the metro guys after MEICC week but none of them (one of which was retired from AAL) got checked out and made the seniority list. If they are trying to reduce the washout rate I think raising the multi requirement is a step in the right direction. They waste all kinds of money on folks that never fly the line and it hurts the company.

Quality time is needed to fly at AMF. Everyone should learn during training but its an airline not a flight school. If someone is looking to make the jump from 1200-1500 hours towards their ATP, they are better off flying a caravan somewhere else.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: PA23-250 Captain

Is AMF moving some bros to Texas? I just saw on the hiring portal that there's an EMB120 captain position open in Texas. Any info?
Old 09-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Know of any Caravan jobs in the Seattle area?
Old 09-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Line Holder

Know of any Caravan jobs in the Seattle area?
Kenmore air has 3 caravans that they fly Pax out of BFI with and Fedex has some feeder runs out of SEA. SEA should be Empire but possibly another fedex feeder.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Biggbird View Post
Kenmore air has 3 caravans that they fly Pax out of BFI with and Fedex has some feeder runs out of SEA. SEA should be Empire but possibly another fedex feeder.
Empire is the FedEx feeder but currently has no SEA openings

From what I hear Kenmore is pretty competitive to get into. No openings on their employment page.

My background is 1800 hours total time 50 MEL CFI CFII. Just got my CFII in March haven’t had an opportunity to use it yet.

I started flying in 2002 got my ratings while working full time 40 hours/week mostly just flying Cessna 172’s

Not feeling very encouraged about my chances at AMF from what you are saying about wash outs
Old 09-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Lusher View Post
Is AMF moving some bros to Texas? I just saw on the hiring portal that there's an EMB120 captain position open in Texas. Any info?
First I have heard of it. And I'm Bro qualified, based in Dallas.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I sent a message over the weekend to Ameriflight recruiting via Facebook

“Hi, Lynn!

I'm sorry for the confusion. It looks like our job reqs online have not been updated.
Yes, the multi time requirement for the BE99 Captain position is 50 hours.

With 1800 TT and 50 ME hours, yes please apply! 🙂”

So looks like it is a typo
Old 09-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Line Holder

I sent a message over the weekend to Ameriflight recruiting via Facebook

“Hi, Lynn!

I'm sorry for the confusion. It looks like our job reqs online have not been updated.
Yes, the multi time requirement for the BE99 Captain position is 50 hours.

With 1800 TT and 50 ME hours, yes please apply! ��”

So looks like it is a typo
With 1800TT and a cfii you shouldnt be to far off. If you prepare with all the materials that are sent to you before training you should do fine. My earlier point was that this isnt some easy time builder job. It takes some work to get checked out here.

The Jan-March classes still have 12 pilots on the seniority list between all 3 of them. April-June have produced 29 total. Sometimes theres just a bad bunch. Since you have the time to get a jet job and go 121 make sure this is someplace you really want to be. If it is, apply and come fly. If you have other career goals there are better ways to get there in my opinion. The regionals will get you an ATP which AMF will not do at least until you’ve been here for a few years.