Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:18 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
If you are wanting to become a pilot or are wanting to get additional licenses to further your flying career, but can't afford it, our new program might be for you!

We've teamed up with Epic Flight Academy to provide a debt-free and time-effective path to achieving your pilot dreams!

More details: http://www.epicflightacademy.com/epi...thway-program/
Attachment 3557
Hello,

I know this posting was from awhile ago, but I hope it's ok that I still reply to it because I have a question about financing. Do I have to find outside financing, or does Epic just cover the entire cost provided all the benchmarks are made and I end up flying for Ameriflight for 3 years? I'm really hoping to be able to do this and eventually enter into the UPS gateway program. Thanks
Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Default First Officers in San Antonio?

I live near San Antonio and am approaching the FO minimums (800TT) ... are there any FO openings at SAT? If so, what aircraft? I'd prefer to work near home rather than commute to work. Also, how much do FO's make, and what is the days on/days off schedule (8/6, 7/7, 10/5 etc)? Trying to decide if I want to do this or just keep instructing.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Mdool145 View Post
I live near San Antonio and am approaching the FO minimums (800TT) ... are there any FO openings at SAT? If so, what aircraft? I'd prefer to work near home rather than commute to work. Also, how much do FO's make, and what is the days on/days off schedule (8/6, 7/7, 10/5 etc)? Trying to decide if I want to do this or just keep instructing.
I suggest you rear back a few pages....it's all there!!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Mdool145 View Post
There aren't specifically any "openings". Other than our E120s, which require two pilots by their certification, the purpose of our hiring first officers is to help pilots get the time required to become captains. So we could put BE1900 first officers in San Antonio, but the runs there are relatively low time, so we would normally not place someone there unless we just had more FOs than we could accommodate at other bases. And once you got closer to captain mins we would likely move you to a higher time run to get you ready quicker.

That being said, as an FO it is normally a 5 day per week schedule. Per the last pay scale I saw, a first year FO makes $31K. And if you are at 800TT as you say, you should be a BE99 captain before 6 months when you will be making $50K per year (first year.)

If you think there is even a chance you might be interested, talk with a recruiter about the specifics.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:02 AM
New Hire

Hello,

I've been working for the past couple of years to transition back into a flying job. I have submitted my paperwork for retirement and my last day is December 31 of this year. I have been reading this forum for awhile and I've talked to an Ameriflight pilot that I met through a mutual friend. I have decided that I would like to work for Ameriflight. Since I haven't applied for a job in 20 years, I am not sure about the best route to take to apply for a job with Ameriflight. I am going to be in Dallas next week for ATP-CTP training and the ATP Multi knowledge test. I could easily stop at the Ameriflight headquarters while I am in town.

Total Time : 1629
PIC : 1571
Cross Country: 592
Night Time : 135
Instrument : 124
Multiengine : 40 (+ ATP-CTP time next week)

I have commercial sel, mel and instrument. Also CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI and IGI.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Old 09-27-2018, 09:11 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by neal View Post
Hello,

I've been working for the past couple of years to transition back into a flying job. I have submitted my paperwork for retirement and my last day is December 31 of this year. I have been reading this forum for awhile and I've talked to an Ameriflight pilot that I met through a mutual friend. I have decided that I would like to work for Ameriflight. Since I haven't applied for a job in 20 years, I am not sure about the best route to take to apply for a job with Ameriflight. I am going to be in Dallas next week for ATP-CTP training and the ATP Multi knowledge test. I could easily stop at the Ameriflight headquarters while I am in town.

Total Time : 1629
PIC : 1571
Cross Country: 592
Night Time : 135
Instrument : 124
Multiengine : 40 (+ ATP-CTP time next week)

I have commercial sel, mel and instrument. Also CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI and IGI.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Hi, there!

At your listed hours, the recruiters would likely look at you for a BE99 Captain position.

Not sure of your desired location, but if you see an opening on our website at a location that you want, go ahead and apply! www.ameriflight.com/careers

Since you'll be in town next week, I'd be happy to connect you with a recruiter. They might be able to schedule some time to sit down and chat with you at our headquarters.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:24 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Any FO positions out of KBUR?
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by sadietp View Post
Any FO positions out of KBUR?
See my post three up from yours.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:45 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2018

475 pages and counting... lots of interest
Old 09-27-2018, 05:17 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

At your listed hours, the recruiters would likely look at you for a BE99 Captain position.

Not sure of your desired location, but if you see an opening on our website at a location that you want, go ahead and apply! www.ameriflight.com/careers

Since you'll be in town next week, I'd be happy to connect you with a recruiter. They might be able to schedule some time to sit down and chat with you at our headquarters.
Thank you FreightDogs,

I am filling out the application now. It sure is long! I hope to know more about the training schedule after the first day of class.

Thanks again! Neal