Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jetride interview

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Default Jetride interview

I have an interview with Jetride in a week and am wondering if someone can provide some gouge. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan

Who?
Old 01-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Who?
Passenger division of Airnet, which if I remember right they were bought out, or a partnership was developed with another company.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

No longer a part of Airnet. I think thay are a part of pinnacle aviation somwhere near or around arkansas.
Not sure about a gouge though... haven't heard of anyone interviewing there in a while.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Who?
Jetride...home office in Rogers, AR.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

I went through the process back in September. Karen Butler (HR) met me at 9 am and reviewed my resume. She asked a bunch of typical HR type questions, very low stress. She'll have you fill out a bunch of paperwork. Application, PRIA forms. She will give you a quiz too, that Walt (the DO) put together. It's typical ATP stuff, although a few things I remembered were: functions of wing vortex generators, effect on holdover times with varying deice solutions and concentrations and holding and class b airspace speed restrictions. There were maybe 50 questions IIRC.

I then spent maybe 30 to 45 minutes with Andy. He was the PCL ACP at the time. He asked some technical questions. What aircraft are you flying. What engines does it have, takeoff and landing weights. A couple what-if questions. Capt wants to depart with bad weather at destination, captain descends below mins. Mostly a get to know you meeting.

I met with Dwight for maybe 30 minutes. They all have a script that they cover and check off the boxes, but mostly they tell you about the company and answer your questions. Andy told me that he wanted to try to talk me out of wanting to fly for them.

Walt was pretty busy, as they were moving the CMH office to Rogers that week. We spoke for maybe 10 minutes. I didn't get to ask him much. I wanted to give him a hard time about the quiz though. Oh well.

The process was very relaxed and pleasant. Karen introduced me to pretty much everyone at the company. I was the only one there that day for interviewing. The only position they had that was roaming at that time was a Lear 35 FO. They could tell I wasn't crazy about that and the low pay, but I was convinced it would have been a good way to get my foot in the door and gain some valuable experience. The schedule was 8 on 6 off at the time, but they were leaning towards 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. I didn't think that was an improvement, and I said so. I may have rubbed them the wrong way a bit and was not offered a job.

A real class act though, as far as I could tell. Best of luck!

PJ
Old 01-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Are there several domiciles? If so, is NY one of them? What is the F/O pay? Are the days off really days off? Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Lear 35

Originally Posted by tone View Post
Are there several domiciles? If so, is NY one of them? What is the F/O pay? Are the days off really days off? Thanks
Days off are hard days off. There are often opportunities to work OT on your days off if you want, but that is voluntary. Current schedules are 8/6 (roaming airplanes), 14/7 (based airplanes), 9/5 (reserve/floater pilots). There are a few planes on 15/15 as well, but those schedules may be on their way out.

Northeast bases include Bedford, MA (BED) and Lancaster, PA (LNS). Other bases include Columbus, OH (LCK), Chicago, IL (MDW), Springdale, AR (ASG), Dallas, TX (DAL), Phoenix, AZ (PHX) and Ontario, CA (ONT). If you are on a based airplane, you must live in base... close enough to be at the airport for a 1 hour call out. Roaming and reserve crews are airlined to the airplane at the beginning of their rotation and back home at the end, with the general rule being that you must live near or be willing to drive to a major airport.

Last edited by fr8av8r_66; 01-13-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Do they take previous lear experience into consideration at all? I would kill to be based out of BED, not literally though.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I believe that BED only has a Falcon 50 based there, but I may be wrong. There is an FO opening on it though. When I interviewed, they said it required a lot of flight time to fly the Falcon. It sounded like I didn't have enough flight time to fly it...I may be mistaken. I have about 5400 hours TT.