Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Cargo Carriers Inc. Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: A320

Oh I will leave that for Justin or Timeless to tell! Ask him about it, it's quite hilarious. Timeless, you still commuting around with that skateboard???
Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Yes & Yes!

Originally Posted by bgmann View Post
Loving American Eagle and seeing the sun. No more darkness.

4 days on, 3 days off. Holding the line.
Finally, a post from BGMANN that isn't negative....although still made with a certain level of spite.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default Shorts: Severe Icing Incident, Beckley, WV

In response to a post I made about 2 months ago about a severe icing event out of Beckley, WV. The Shorts landed with somewhere between 3-5 inches of ice. For those that were interested in seeing the pictures and video of the "severe icing" event of an ACC Shorts coming out of BKW and within 10-15 mins having to divert into CRW.

I am hoping the pilot can post the video on YouTube. It's a large file. Here are the pics. http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/bgmann/ You will have to click on the left scroll bar on "Shorts Severe Icing".

Quote of Flying FO...
"We took off out of BKW and about 10-15 minutes we got just hammered. We were at 8 and tried climbing to 10 to see if we could get on top, but we maxed out around 9,400 with damn near red-line torque and the trim was all the pitched up. We were definately coming down so we just headed straight for CRW straight in for the ILS to 5 down to mins. BKW was below mins. When we got down anyone that saw it said they couldn't believe the plane was even still flying. I showed the video to our ground school instructor at Chautauqua who was a retired delta captain of like 35 years-captain at Delta at age 24...He said it's the most ice he's ever seen on any plane, and i'm lucky to be alive."

Thanks so much Brad.I know myself and some others appreciate you sharing these pics.

Last edited by bgmann; 04-18-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Holy $hit that's a lot of ice!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default Eagle

BGMann -

If Eagle was a "step up" from ACC it must have been really bad.

I cannot wait to hear what you have to say about Eagle in a few months - when the honeymoon is over.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Jetspeed View Post
I know Justin and he is a great guy, used to be on Charter together back in the day. I'm pretty sure Timeless used to fly with Patterson at ACC. If I remember right there is an interesting story about ending up at some girls house in Del Rio??
I know Justin. I went bow fishing with him recently. I never over-nighted in Del Rio, but we did go to a house party in Huntsville, AL. That night didn't go very well, but it could have been worse. I think that is what you might be thinking of. I don't travel with a skateboard anymore. When I sold my car I accidentally left it in the trunk.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by twebb View Post
I have a class date for may 5th, can't wait to see what the farm has to offer.
The Depot is much better than Witt's End. You can get more than enough to drink at either place for about $10.00. I keep trying to add useful info like that and other info about the farmhouse to ACC's wikipedia page, but other editors keep removing it. I also tried to add the situation about the wheel falling off 136LR, but some guy removed that too. He explained in the editors comments that it wasn't that severe, because no one died. Someone at ACC is doing some good wikipedia control.

Last edited by timeless; 04-18-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: $hitty grammar
Old 04-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Chevy Lumina - Left

Originally Posted by bgmann View Post
Screw you. There is a reason it takes 7 years to make captain. Its a good company to work for.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by timeless View Post
I know Justin. I went bow fishing with him recently. I never over-nighted in Del Rio, but we did go to a house party in Huntsville, AL. That night didn't go very well, but it could have been worse. I think that is what you might be thinking of. I don't travel with a skateboard anymore. When I sold my car I accidentally left it in the trunk.
That was it! I don't know why I was thinking Del Rio. You sold the Maxima? What are you driving now?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CE-650

Someone said there was a bonus at ACC...we were told at the interview you get a 10% bonus of what your salary is every year you are there. Starting salary is 25K, then starting captain is 43K with an increase of 3K every year i believe.