Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Phoenix Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Is USPilot normally where jobs are posted for PHX air? I have a friend who is LR35 SIC and Part 135 current and has some friends with connections in PHX air trying to help, not sure if he knows anyone internal or not. Just wondering, will take any insight.
Both times I got interviews, it was right after seeing a posting on USPilot. They did hire a couple of guys between October and now without posting so maybe they also put ads up elsewhere?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

gtechpilot -

How is the job going with Phoenix Air? I was looking through some articles on the net and came across a PowerPoint Presentation for Commercial Air Services and they were mentioned.
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2006test/ulkoski.pdf
Did you get into the military applications?

USMCFLYR
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: Lear 35A Right

They have already filled the postion. I'm not sure what they look for though. I have wanted to work there for years. I thought being current in Lears and with over 1600 hours in a 35a would at least get me an interview but no.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: 737 Left
Default Internal Rec

Gotta have an internal rec, or you need to drop by VPC and make yourself known. Won't happen otherwise.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Captain G1 & EMB120

Originally Posted by mdmuchow123 View Post
They have already filled the position. I'm not sure what they look for though. I have wanted to work there for years. I thought being current in Lears and with over 1600 hours in a 35a would at least get me an interview but no.
It seems like a right time, right place, kind of thing. As ATL said, you have to make yourself known. Personally, I had no internal references. I just kept bugging them. I applied even when positions were not open. I sent in about 6 resumes in 5 months and they finally called one night out of the blue and offered a job. I am local, not sure if that helps?

Every time I applied with HR they said they are not hiring at the moment. I would say overall what they look for is personality. If you get interviewed it is all about personality and least about experience, unless they are filling something very specific which is rare. Mostly they want guys that can do all the different missions. They tend to avoid airline guys though since they are very standardized from working in the airlines.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: Lear 35A Right

I have sent my resume more times than i can count. Last week i drop one off in person and talked to a couple of yhe pilots. Do any phoenix guys have any other ideas. I am locale with over 1600 hours in lear 35s. I am at this time still 135 current.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Citation driver

THREAD REVIVAL!!

So I see Phoenix Air is hiring for an EMB-120 F/O out of Pt. Mugu. Anyone with insight on what type of flying this would be for? And the old "Pay" and "Schedule" question as well if anyone has the latest. I live in PHX and wonder if commuting back and forth would be feasable on days off.

Secondly, if hired onto one airframe are you able to cross train (upgrade or whatever you want to call it) to other airframes/missions?

Last edited by specialk1213; 10-03-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling change to Pt Mugu
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Gulfstream I & II/III Captain
Default A Schedule?

Originally Posted by specialk1213 View Post
THREAD REVIVAL!!

So I see Phoenix Air is hiring for an EMB-120 F/O out of Pt. Mugu. Anyone with insight on what type of flying this would be for? And the old "Pay" and "Schedule" question as well if anyone has the latest. I live in PHX and wonder if commuting back and forth would be feasable on days off.

Secondly, if hired onto one airframe are you able to cross train (upgrade or whatever you want to call it) to other airframes/missions?
Think that position has been filled. Never know when they will add/need another. The Mugu operation is a daily one with runs to local military fields. You would have to move to the area to hold the job. Most pilots at PHX fly two types so, yes- it is possible to upgrade.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Looks like this thread will never die...

Any current info regarding hiring, schedule and pay?

Safe flying,
Old 10-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Corporate FO
Default First Officer info

Does anybody know the First Officer hiring process and what starting pay is for the Lear? I can't find any current info.