Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

Speedbird172 11-19-2009 03:14 PM

I'm starting Nov 30th. I believe I will be a "PIC qualified FO", meaning I have 135 mins for freight/mail/repo/etc flights but short of ATP mins. I don't know anything about the "low time" class, maybe someone else can chime in but perhaps that means they are looking for low timers to sit right seat out in STL, though I'm not sure why they would want FOs for a specific base. Maybe it's another PIC/FO class.

3GreenKSNA 11-19-2009 06:48 PM

I turned my stuff in today, keeping the fingers crossed, just a couple hundred shy of ATP, we'll see if anything happens.

rocketman3746 11-20-2009 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Speedbird172 (Post 714480)
I'm starting Nov 30th. I believe I will be a "PIC qualified FO", meaning I have 135 mins for freight/mail/repo/etc flights but short of ATP mins. I don't know anything about the "low time" class, maybe someone else can chime in but perhaps that means they are looking for low timers to sit right seat out in STL, though I'm not sure why they would want FOs for a specific base. Maybe it's another PIC/FO class.

Speedbird, are you in the pool with me? I have ATP mins already. Just wondering if they have a Pilot pool, or have it broken up into PIC, PIC qualified FO, and FO pools... Just hoping that when you go through class, it brings me closer to the top...

rocketman3746 11-20-2009 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Speedbird172 (Post 714480)
I don't know anything about the "low time" class, maybe someone else can chime in but perhaps that means they are looking for low timers to sit right seat out in STL, though I'm not sure why they would want FOs for a specific base. Maybe it's another PIC/FO class.

I had heard the because it was an American Airlines codeshare, they (AA) wanted 9K to have a two pilot operation out there. I never heard how it was resolved, but maybe they are going to have a class of FO's just for the STL region.

Speedbird172 11-20-2009 08:27 AM

Good point about the codeshare, that makes sense. I interviewed and was offered the job back in late August, and they were waiting to find out about the STL flying as to whether they would have a Capt or PIC/FO class first. Well they got the flying so there was a Capt class that started in mid October, then a couple weeks later I was invited to the Nov 30th PIC/FO class. I would think that if you have ATP mins they will call you when they run another Capt class. If you don't hear anything just call for a follow up once in a while.

Mason32 11-20-2009 10:12 AM

When does Cape Air start flying in STL for AA? any word on what the routes will be like ?

Speedbird172 11-20-2009 10:56 AM

The flying began on Nov 8 for three cities: CGI, UIN, and MWA. I'm not positive about the codeshare, whether that has started also or if that is sometime next year?

aviatorhi 11-20-2009 12:37 PM

So what does it take to get a job with you guys? I exceed all the mins by a bit, and I don't even get a courtesy call.

dashtrash300 11-20-2009 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by aviatorhi (Post 714932)
So what does it take to get a job with you guys? I exceed all the mins by a bit, and I don't even get a courtesy call.

Usually takes closer to 2 weeks to find out something...at least for me. I emailed Krista several times over the last few months and 2 weeks is usually what it takes for her to get back to me. There is another lady that I also emailed a few questions to and I never heard anything from her. That was about a month ago. Just be patient!

bullmechum 11-21-2009 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by aviatorhi (Post 714932)

Welcome to the airline industry, pilots are a dime for six dozen. :D