Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

TPROP4ever 10-26-2009 05:29 AM

I knew it....You guys have been secretly hiding the fact that you dont fly IFR.:D....ROFLMAO......maybe if you had real airplanes...:p..pbbbbbbbbbtttt, oh wait I get it IFR means "I Follow Road"...cool

Way2Broke 10-26-2009 11:10 PM

What is up with the rumor/fact of 2 more ATRs by the end of the year?

P-51D 10-27-2009 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by TurboDVR42 (Post 701122)
I am pretty sure we do not fly IFR...especially the ATR ops;)

Lol. Good One TurboDVR42.

TurboDVR42 10-27-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Way2Broke (Post 701774)

Unless you know something i dont, its just a false rumor
There are rumors of CAL wanting us to fly more routes...but that means we have to get bigger and faster turbo props due to fuel res.(ie 72-500) and i am pretty sure cape doesn’t want to spend money for new airplanes, especially in this economy

robthree 10-27-2009 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Way2Broke (Post 701774)

I stuck my head in the "System Chief Pilot's" office the other day and asked him about this one. He says he has heard nothing about it in any of the planning meetings he's been in.

Doesn't mean its not true, just pushes the rumor further towards the "fantasy" end of the spectrum.

NightIP 10-29-2009 07:35 AM

D'oh! I was really hoping that was something they were working on. Oh well, back to holding out for GUM CA. Better get comfortable here first, though. :D

travelnate 10-31-2009 08:27 AM

Congrats on the AA link up... will that be systemwide or just the STL/BOS flying? I"m not sure how the Eagle pilots will feel with the AA code on 9K out of SJU...

NightIP 11-01-2009 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by travelnate (Post 704234)
Congrats on the AA link up... will that be systemwide or just the STL/BOS flying? I"m not sure how the Eagle pilots will feel with the AA code on 9K out of SJU...

I'm certain that it'll just be for the STL flying, much like our JetBlue and Continental codeshares are only between certain cities.

Anyway, it's nice for the passengers, but won't cause any far-reaching changes for anyone else. It's not like we'll be operating as an American Connection carrier under that codeshare.

withthatsaid182 11-18-2009 03:34 PM

any word on hiring or class dates? i'm thinking about applying...i have a wet ATP but was wondering what my chances would be? Probably have to get in line to just get in the pool....:cool:

rocketman3746 11-19-2009 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by withthatsaid182 (Post 713964)
any word on hiring or class dates? i'm thinking about applying...i have a wet ATP but was wondering what my chances would be? Probably have to get in line to just get in the pool....:cool:

Hey, I am number nine out of ten right now in the pool. The recruiter told me yesterday that they are having a "Farm Class" on the 30th, and a "low time" class for STL in January. I don't really know what either one means for sure, I'm waiting to hear back. But I don't think either class is pulling from the pool that I'm in. So, it sounds like there might not be a PIC class until late winter/early spring. :/ Any Cape Air guys out there want to enlighten me on what those classes are?