Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
IQ of sean penn or jeff spicoli?
Is there a difference. What up jeff
Old 05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: FO

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike View Post
Hey guys, I'm jumping in here. I've been trying to read up on all the Cape Air forum info and get up to date as possible. I have an app. completed but haven't hit the submit button yet.

Everything I read seems like Cape Air is a great company to work for, challenging, hard work, but great people and a great experience.

I haven't seen anything for a few months on hiring really, the website says they are hiring FOs. Seems hard to get in without an internal recommendation, how true is that for you all?

I'm at 1000TT/72ME CFI, CFII, MEI, ATP Written.

For those of you that have been there for the past 2-3 years as new hires, looking back are you glad you went? Also, what jobs are you looking at for the near future? And if you don't mind sharing your pay as an FO, about how much did you make a month? I'm bringing home about $2k/month instructing right now but can certainly live on less. I have a frugal and supportive wife. Most posts about $ on here are more annual pay figures and I'm not sure how long it will take to upgrade since it would depend on how busy your base is.

Thanks for your input.
You should try Island, just like Cape only better. Just ask Bozo the pilot.... Oh wait, he could not get hired there.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

You should try Island, just like Cape only better. Just ask Bozo the pilot.... Oh wait, he could not get hired there.
Yup all the rampy positions were taken. btw the insults could be a little more creative brotha. Keep tryin.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: yes

This is not trolling, it is cold hard facts.

Also most of the Island 402s have the boots removed so they are faster than the Cape 402s. Yet another reason to go Island.
Yeah, because it's not like we need the boots or anything flying north of BOS in the winter. BTW, I still feel like it's trolling. $10 says you work for Cape.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Gear Slinger

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Talking

Originally Posted by rocketman3746 View Post
Why wait. Hit the submit button! Things don't happen fast in HR, so you'll have plenty of time to figure things out while you wait.

I've been here three years. Extremely glad I came here. I previously worked at Piedmont, and am one of many pilots escaping from the regional world to Cape Air. This job is like a vacation compared to a regional airline!

I'm prob not the norm as far as flight time goes at Cape Air (5000 TT, 2500 PIC, 2000 Turbine), but I'm most likely going to hold out for United, Delta, or US Airways. A lot of people go from here to a regional, or to another part 135 like TMC. Depends on whether you want the corporate or airline route.

To sum up, if they paid a little more (and had cheaper health insurance), I'd never leave. However, my goal is to support my family on a single income, and it just isn't possible here (at least for me) until you've put 10+ years in.

Glad to hear you're happy there. Sounds like I'll have to go to a regional or another 135 eventually to get some turbine time for the Majors if I am fortunate enough to make it there. At the beginning of my career, I think I am aiming for a Major, but who knows! Life changes your perspective as you grow so we'll see. I just want to enjoy my job wherever I am. I'll keep you all posted if I hear back from them. Going to submit tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: DA50EX

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike View Post
Glad to hear you're happy there. Sounds like I'll have to go to a regional or another 135 eventually to get some turbine time for the Majors if I am fortunate enough to make it there. At the beginning of my career, I think I am aiming for a Major, but who knows! Life changes your perspective as you grow so we'll see. I just want to enjoy my job wherever I am. I'll keep you all posted if I hear back from them. Going to submit tomorrow.
I will echo what rocketman said. I spent 5 1/2 years at Cape and don't regret it for a minute. The reasons I left for were Turbine PIC and a pay raise. I wouldn't be disappointed if things didn't work out where I am at and I ended up back at Cape.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
I will echo what rocketman said. I spent 5 1/2 years at Cape and don't regret it for a minute. The reasons I left for were Turbine PIC and a pay raise. I wouldn't be disappointed if things didn't work out where I am at and I ended up back at Cape.
That pic/avatar looks so familiar Chip.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Gear Slinger

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post

I put my app in this morning, hope to hear something. I think it would be a great move for me.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: yes

I wouldn't stick around if I didn't enjoy working here. There will always be negatives associated with any airline; however at Cape there are certainly more positives
Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by rocketman3746 View Post
To sum up, if they paid a little more (and had cheaper health insurance), I'd never leave. However, my goal is to support my family on a single income, and it just isn't possible here (at least for me) until you've put 10+ years in.
+1

Good chance I'd still be there if they paid more, but that's just the nature of the beast in a 9-seat piston aircraft. If Atlas ever gives me the boot, I'd seriously look at going back.

And trust me, my perspective comes from working at a real bottomfeeder from 2010-2013 after I left. Cape does it right.