Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006

The authorization card threshold was met, and they filed with the NMB on Monday (only two months after the card drive started). The NMB issued a case number Tuesday. A vote should happen within 3 or 4 weeks!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by i fly planes View Post
I chose to be positive dude. To the younger pilots out there: need an ATP? Need lots of experience including international? Love flying a lot? Want to know your schedule? Want to be based at home? Disregard a lot of the negativity on these forums. There are more happy TMC pilots than these forums make it appear. We all do our fair share of complaining, it's what we do best, but I liken these forums to a hostile crew lounge with grumpy folks--they're in their own bubble of negativity. I would say I'm speaking for the current and former TMC pilots who found contentment in the job and went to work, and came home safely, having fun along the way.
In order for the recent NMB filing to happen, a majority of eligible pilots (more than 50% of the group) had to have sent Union authorization cards. That said, I'm not sure I'm pickin up what your puttin down here...
Old 10-22-2014, 04:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Hey any one have any information on what is involved in the interview?
Old 10-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Content

Originally Posted by Windshear View Post
In order for the recent NMB filing to happen, a majority of eligible pilots (more than 50% of the group) had to have sent Union authorization cards. That said, I'm not sure I'm pickin up what your puttin down here...
Clearly I was saying that there are highly negative folks and also a compliment of those who are not "doom and gloom" 24/7. Good for pilot group!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: A room with a view

How long until union negotiations begin can we suppose?
Old 11-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Line Holder

Looks like an NMB run election is going to happen soon. If it's voted in, I suppose negotiations will start shortly thereafter.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Captain America

Originally Posted by LftSeatCitation View Post
How long until union negotiations begin can we suppose?
You might get some advice from Flight Options guys or gals, but I am guessing the process will take around two to three years. Most company's like seeing it drag on forever.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Phenom

I did a phone interview recently and was told about them potentially unionizing after I asked if there was one. I hadn't read any of this thread prior to that, so now I'm a little cautious about TMC. Anyone ever been present at another company when a union was formed?

Also, could someone please explain the non-prorated $19,500 contract. Does that mean TMC is taking that out of my pay the first year? Does it apply if I'm already type rated in the jet I get hired into?
Old 11-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by BuddhaPilot73 View Post
I did a phone interview recently and was told about them potentially unionizing after I asked if there was one. I hadn't read any of this thread prior to that, so now I'm a little cautious about TMC. Anyone ever been present at another company when a union was formed?

Also, could someone please explain the non-prorated $19,500 contract. Does that mean TMC is taking that out of my pay the first year? Does it apply if I'm already type rated in the jet I get hired into?
Non pro-rated contract means that if you leave before the 12 month period you were hired you owe them the whole $19,500. It's not pro-rated down $1625 per month. Training contracts have been pretty hard to enforce though. I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are you'd most likely give them at least a year anyway. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Left Seat

What types are people getting hired into these days? Everyone going to the Beechjet or are newhires even getting the CL604?

Regarding the CL604s, how many on the property now and how many more expected? Are they used to Hawaii and Europe?

Fingers crossed on the union drive!!!