Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by AboveAndBeyond View Post
I people are unhappy at TMC, why don't they leave? Go to another job.

This is just as absurd as fast food workers voting in a union and asking for $15/hr. If you want to earn $15/hr, go get a job that pays $15/hr. If no one will pay you $15/hr, that means that you are not worth that money.
This is why we need to organize... People like you who put extremely skilled professionals on the same level as burger flippers.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Default TMC- Travel Management Company

I people are unhappy at TMC, why don't they leave? Go to another job.

This is just as absurd as fast food workers voting in a union and asking for $15/hr. If you want to earn $15/hr, go get a job that pays $15/hr. If no one will pay you $15/hr, that means that you are not worth that money.

What's absurd is your attitude. Your a skilled professional... Act like it

Don't drag everyone else through the mud just cuz your upset about why your at where your at or don't have cajones...
Old 11-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by sleepy1456 View Post
What's absurd is your attitude. Your a skilled professional... Act like it

Don't drag everyone else through the mud just cuz your upset about why your at where your at or don't have cajones...
If you are a skilled professional, do not go to work for a company that pays substandard wages. I agree that we are professionals and need to be paid accordingly. I just do not think that the way to do it is to go to work somewhere and then try to change it. It is dishonest. You agreed to the wages and conditions when you went to work there.

If you were a professional, I would think that you would know the difference between "Your" and You're", and not use "cuz". Just a thought.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
This is why we need to organize... People like you who put extremely skilled professionals on the same level as burger flippers.
Don't blame me. Blame the people that go to work at companies like this and accept substandard wages. My comment was that if you don't like the wages, do not accept the job.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:51 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by MR 200% View Post
Don't blame me. Blame the people that go to work at companies like this and accept substandard wages. My comment was that if you don't like the wages, do not accept the job.
When I was hired I was told that I would not be forced to go to training on my days off, that 6% raises were attainable, I could go on and on...

Oh, and I fixed your name for you.
You are welcome
Old 11-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

If you are a skilled professional, do not go to work for a company that pays substandard wages. I agree that we are professionals and need to be paid accordingly. I just do not think that the way to do it is to go to work somewhere and then try to change it. It is dishonest. You agreed to the wages and conditions when you went to work there.

If you were a professional, I would think that you would know the difference between "Your" and You're", and not use "cuz". Just a thought.
Wow awesome catch man! Thanks so much. So your and you're is different. The More you know!

Oh and saying "cuz" on a message board makes me unprofessional. Thank you for enlightening me! As your name states you "go above and beyond" even outside AMF.

And people say that one person cannot change the world
Old 11-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

What is so wrong with trying to improve your pay and QOL? It's not dishonest to come in and try to change things for the better. I would say it's unethical to take away pay/vacation/schedule/benefits because of a recession, and then not give any of it back once the recession is over.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs down Wow.... Really?

So Above,

According to you, EVERYONE who got hired at Southwest before September 11 brought everyone else below their pay scale, and everyone that hired on with Netjets before their Contract 2005, and everyone who got hired by UPS and FedEx instead of "the Majors", were all unprofessional because they accepted substandard pay? Really?!?

And then they weren't supposed to make things better for themselves once they were there? Again, really?!?
Old 11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Default TMC Interview

To all those who are looking at TMC, I just got done interviewing with them and have received a job offer. First on the issue of the training fee; it is prorated. It depends on the aircraft you fly, but if you fly the Hawker 800xp you have a 22,500 training fee that is prorated at.

1-3 Month 100%
4-6 Month 75%
7-9 Month 50%
10-12 Month 25%

The company seems to be doing well and the pilots that I met are happy with the company and there schedule. I have also recently been contacted by XOJET who flies a similar schedule to TMC so I need to look up info on them. If you want more info on the TMC interview process and any other questions I can try and answer sent me a message.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

So, you don't work at Ameriflight, but just use their slogan. Or did you accept substandard wages to work there.