TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Just because the MEL says we can, doesn't mean we should

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
That is 100% illegal.
It's also illegal in the state of Indiana to charge for required uniforms. But. .. you'll be paying $495 during indoc for those uniforms nonetheless. Come one come all to TMC. The water's great.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Wow really? They make you pay 500 bucks for uniform items?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Airbus 319/320 Captain

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Wow really? They make you pay 500 bucks for uniform items?
Stay away from this scum outfit and their even scummier management team.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

Oh I am very happily employed. I have no intention of leaving for TMC. I have a few friends there and I hate hearing this.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Content

Originally Posted by cfouriv View Post
Yes, something like 20k. Non-pro rated
Just stay one year and don't worry about it. You go to work 11 times. Put some perspective on it.

The people that trash TMC have never even worked there. It wasn't bad. What job isn't somewhat unenjoyable at certain times? The flying was fun, the planes got fixed, sure the 15/13 is tough, and the days are long, but that's what you sign up for. Upgrades happen, and you get paid on time. The pilots are a good group.

What do you all want from this career? Do you think pilots are immune from our broad economic and working trends of this country?

If you need to go to TMC for your family's income and getting more experience, go do it. I haven't regretted my time there.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Just because the MEL says we can, doesn't mean we should

Originally Posted by i fly planes View Post
Just stay one year and don't worry about it. You go to work 11 times. Put some perspective on it.

The people that trash TMC have never even worked there. It wasn't bad. What job isn't somewhat unenjoyable at certain times? The flying was fun, the planes got fixed, sure the 15/13 is tough, and the days are long, but that's what you sign up for. Upgrades happen, and you get paid on time. The pilots are a good group.

What do you all want from this career? Do you think pilots are immune from our broad economic and working trends of this country?

If you need to go to TMC for your family's income and getting more experience, go do it. I haven't regretted my time there.
I don't even know where to start with this. How do you hear anything with your head buried that far in the sand?
Old 06-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I chose to be positive dude. To the younger pilots out there: need an ATP? Need lots of experience including international? Love flying a lot? Want to know your schedule? Want to be based at home? Disregard a lot of the negativity on these forums. There are more happy TMC pilots than these forums make it appear. We all do our fair share of complaining, it's what we do best, but I liken these forums to a hostile crew lounge with grumpy folks--they're in their own bubble of negativity. I would say I'm speaking for the current and former TMC pilots who found contentment in the job and went to work, and came home safely, having fun along the way.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: CL650

If you need a job or are trying to build time, I can see the appeal.

However, if you are looking for a "career destination" this ain't it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jetlag7 View Post
If you need a job or are trying to build time, I can see the appeal.

However, if you are looking for a "career destination" this ain't it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
That's definitely accurate. TMC knows that too. It's all about managing your expectations of what the job will be. When I was there you basically had to have an internal pilot recommendation to even get a job there. It must not suck too bad if people bring in their friends and their friends willingly come work there?!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by i fly planes View Post
I chose to be positive dude. To the younger pilots out there: need an ATP? Need lots of experience including international? Love flying a lot? Want to know your schedule? Want to be based at home? Disregard a lot of the negativity on these forums. There are more happy TMC pilots than these forums make it appear. We all do our fair share of complaining, it's what we do best, but I liken these forums to a hostile crew lounge with grumpy folks--they're in their own bubble of negativity. I would say I'm speaking for the current and former TMC pilots who found contentment in the job and went to work, and came home safely, having fun along the way.
Well 2 things on that, one is that from what I understand, TMC won't touch you without an ATP, and two, it is tough to count international as Canada and Mexico, sure it is "international" but does little to help you plan a trip to Russia at your next job because you checked international experience on the application.

Everyone I know there seems happyish. It is a great first jet job that is for sure.