Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #1  
Drinkin' coffee...
Thread Starter
 
withthatsaid182's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: P-p-piiilatusss
Posts: 680
Default Talon Air

Searched but found mostly responeless threads.

Any info on these guys? Outside the website...

Schedule, Pay, Hiring...
withthatsaid182 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #2  
Tuk er jerbs!
 
NightIP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B767
Posts: 1,323
Default

The Talon in FRG? Stay far, far away. I've known pilots who worked there, and the horror stories go deep. Last I heard (a couple months ago), they're requiring pilots to sign training contracts for 6-month recurrent training.
NightIP is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #3  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Posts: 62
Default

I second NightIP's thoughts. I know several people who worked there and one who still does and I have yet to hear one positive comment. I have heard some very negative things that I will not publicly post. All I can say is seek employment elsewhere, this place is not worth your time.
sloflier is offline  
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #4  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: Charter Captain
Posts: 3
Default

Seems like everyone must have quit of fired, hiring for every airplane it seems. 350.com
buzzard125 is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 03:00 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Herb Flemmming's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2009
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard125 View Post
Seems like everyone must have quit of fired, hiring for every airplane it seems. 350.com
Would be interesting to know what happened, i did see the half page of adds too.
Herb Flemmming is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Position: CJ4 manager/pilot
Posts: 944
Default

Checked a 350 account our alumni association maintains and noticed that the minimums were identical on all of the jobs.

What you want to bet they're hiring for a couple open position and trying to get the starry-eyed low time guys who will be starting right seat in the Caravan with talks of the Challenger and Falcon?
DirectTo is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #7  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by withthatsaid182 View Post
Searched but found mostly responeless threads.

Any info on these guys? Outside the website...

Schedule, Pay, Hiring...
Dude...what's up w/the PC12 gig?
ERJF15 is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
Checked a 350 account our alumni association maintains and noticed that the minimums were identical on all of the jobs.

What you want to bet they're hiring for a couple open position and trying to get the starry-eyed low time guys who will be starting right seat in the Caravan with talks of the Challenger and Falcon?
Know they lost a Legacy guy to JetBlue
topprospect16 is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 876
Default

When their website specifically points out they are non-union and can therefore push each pilot to the limits, enough said...

Every Talon Air pilot is a full-time, non union employee with extensive executive jet charter experience. This represents their unwavering dedication and offers you the comfort of repeatedly seeing the same pilots on every charter flight. Your personal or corporate travel will not be limited by duty-day restrictions with Talon Air. We will provide multiple crews for your trip to maximize the productivity of your aircraft charter.

This should read: Since our pilots are non-union, all you rich people who hate your unionized employees, can rest assured ours aren't. They have unwavering dedication because if they don't they are fired. Travel will not be limited by duty day restrictions because we will push each crew to the limit. If they don't comply or try to fatigue they will be canned.

As soon as I played the CEO video I immediately knew what kind of operation this was. Can he look any more arrogant with his tie and matching hankie.
kingairfun is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post

This should read: Since our pilots are non-union, all you rich people who hate your unionized employees, can rest assured ours aren't. They have unwavering dedication because if they don't they are fired. Travel will not be limited by duty day restrictions because we will push each crew to the limit. If they don't comply or try to fatigue they will be canned.

As soon as I played the CEO video I immediately knew what kind of operation this was. Can he look any more arrogant with his tie and matching hankie.
I've heard nothing good about them either. They're the same as every other bottom-feeding charter operator.
clear4approach is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subcontract Airlines (Part 121 "Regional") winglet Regional 47 05-15-2016 09:45 PM
Drone Pilots Gaining Influence in the USAF Flameout Military 32 03-05-2010 12:21 PM
Rwy Incursion Lowlevel Regional 37 02-03-2009 10:04 AM
UAL Pilot Hiring Update 07/30/2007 Lbell911 Major 29 07-31-2007 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:46 PM.