Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
Are you originally from CA? Most of the pilots that i've met are generally around Burbank/LA area. A few are around the SFo area.

I guess once they get more aircraft and routes they'll take more pilots

They have 3 airplanes
I am originally from CA, and am still here.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:42 AM
spin 2

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: the big one

YES the 5 on 5 off still holds true. Schedule's just came out for OCT, and its a 5 on 5 off kinda month gotta love it!!!!!!! As far as the funding I don't think I am allowed to say numbers. Just think its a big one!! We are in our 3rd stage of funding and are shooting for a big number of planes by the end of the year like 3x the airplanes we have... As far as making money we don't sell seats. You have to change your thought process. We sell memberships. So if we fly full or empty we are still making money with our model!! That being said we have roughly 325 current members @1650 a month 3 planes we are about 100 members shy from posting black numbers!!!! The reason we have not allowed the extra 100 members to join is we don't wanna have to many members and not enough seats. That would cause a negative outcome and we strive to be the best or "first class" in everything we do. The upper management would rather take a little loss and do the morally right and honorable thing for our members then make a profit!!! these guys are the REAL deal. The mind set here is they would take it out of there own pocket so there employee's don't have to.... truly the best company I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR.....hands down!!!!! plus I am home every night as well. can't say enough good things about SURFAIR they get it and are doing it right!!!!

Last edited by stillcantfly; 09-27-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by stillcantfly View Post
. can't say enough good things about SURFAIR they get it and are doing it right!!!!
Seriously man, you are making me want to work for them even more. I just have to graduate college in 3 years.....UGH i want in on this! Maybe ill join as a Flight Coordinator or as a business intern...I want to be with this company soooo badly..
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: 737 FO

This place sounds like an amazing place to call a job. I've been following it and have been interested in it. Good money, good schedule, good people. I just want to see how it is after a year of operating, when things start to settle down and the honeymoon is over. Hopefully it stays on the right track. I would someday like to fly here.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:36 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2013

I hope they're successful!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
spin 2

Ladies and gentlemen we are going to be hiring and starting interviews at the end of the week send your resumes into [email protected] if you want more info ask the questions here and ill respond best of luck
Old 10-29-2013, 06:28 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: Air Lawn Mower Operator

Sent my stuff in a couple months ago, called and called them, finally got a call back (but missed it and they never returned the call...)..
The gist was that I didn't have any turbine time (recently got typed in a 30seat t-prop). Should I reapply? How selective is this round going to be? 2300/1100ME with little turbine.
Ladies and gentlemen we are going to be hiring and starting interviews at the end of the week send your resumes into [email protected] if you want more info ask the questions here and ill respond best of luck
Old 11-02-2013, 12:11 PM
spin 2

Hard to say how selective they will be. We are opening palm spring, and hawthorn this month the date is set for the 17th of nov. That's two more city's they want and they want an additional 4 PC-12 on property by the end of the year!! We have FO's here with as little as 1100 hrs so its tough to say.....it's really about personality here I'd say it's the biggest thing!! They want customer service agents who are pilots!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Gear swinger

When are you going to take Surf Air to the east coast? :P
Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Hard to say how selective they will be. We are opening palm spring, and hawthorn this month the date is set for the 17th of nov. That's two more city's they want and they want an additional 4 PC-12 on property by the end of the year!! We have FO's here with as little as 1100 hrs so its tough to say.....it's really about personality here I'd say it's the biggest thing!! They want customer service agents who are pilots!
Oh god sounds like pacific wings, mokulele, and seaport.... Stay away