Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Default Winter Carrib. move

Just looking for some info on the winter carribean move. Are you responsible for obtaining your own housing for that short term or do they provide assistance with that. I would think that finding a lease for a few months would be difficult. Also, what type of duty day (hours) do the Carribean guys work in the winter?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: c402 & ATR42 Capt

You are currently responsible for your own housing, it is usually a six month move. The company offers a $4500 "bonus" to go to the Caribbean for the winter in addition you get an extra $3/hr override. The length of duty days varies as with all our schedules, usually no less than 8 hrs and no more than 14 hrs. We are currently hiring, go to flycapeair.com and click on pilot jobs.

Sack
Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Does Cape Air have a flow thru program set up with Jet Blue or prefered hiring?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

question for some cape guys, what is your weekly average pay as an FO, and what is the junior base? Also anyone with an ATP looking for a job, recruiting there told me they are having a really hard time finding captains right now.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:30 AM
New Hire

I interviewed on the 11th of this month and was offered a job on the 19th to start class between January & March. I have all the ATP requirements, except im about 50 hrs short on the x-country time. Throughout the interview, they kept mentioning how I was, "very close to the ATP minimums. Can you get the written done?" and they even mentioned it when they called to offer the job.

Seems to me like they're pushing for me to get the ATP written so that they can (hopefully) put me into a CA class rather than FO.

I guess what I'm getting at is they definitely seem like they need some more captain qualified, or close-to-qualified candidates.

Edit: Rick, FO pay is $9/DUTY hour and we were told most work between 35-40 hour weeks with OT available... Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks, any idea what the junior base is

[/QUOTE=AndrewBVY;906309]I interviewed on the 11th of this month and was offered a job on the 19th to start class between January & March. I have all the ATP requirements, except im about 50 hrs short on the x-country time. Throughout the interview, they kept mentioning how I was, "very close to the ATP minimums. Can you get the written done?" and they even mentioned it when they called to offer the job.

Seems to me like they're pushing for me to get the ATP written so that they can (hopefully) put me into a CA class rather than FO.

I guess what I'm getting at is they definitely seem like they need some more captain qualified, or close-to-qualified candidates.

Edit: Rick, FO pay is $9/DUTY hour and we were told most work between 35-40 hour weeks with OT available... Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
New Hire

Rick,

From my understanding, based on the company presentation at the interview, junior base is basically wherever they're the most busy at that particular time. FOs can plan on going to the midwest (St. Louis, Fort Leonard Wood, Cape Girardeau, etc.) since that's really the only region that uses FOs.

I have a friend who was hired as captain in June. He started based in HYA (Hyannis, MA) and was sent down to St. Thomas in October...

In terms of "bases" though, they told us that every single airport they fly into is considered a "base." So basically if Cape Air flies there, you can pick it as a base.

I'm sure there are other details that I'm not - and won't be- aware of until I start training.

- Andrew
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Andy,

Thanks, I am eying Capeair hard as a possible for next year, know someone there and they said they foresee strong FO hiring for 2010, also been shooting enotes back and forth with Gene at Cape he said if I had ATP i could be in the door tomorrow, basically anyone respectable could be. I don't meet 135 Capt mins yet, but could build them in 1-2 months as an FO.

The question I have is 1. can I afford to do it, as I make about 20Kish maybe a bit more now, 300ish a week is going to hurt. 2. I have a lease on my house in northern NJ was wondering if it was something I could commute, like I saw they fly into ALB. I need the multi-time and if my job now over the winter does not meet its hope of an upgrade to ME time, I would have to deal w subletting the lease/ taking the hit on pay to get that ME time and hopefully upgrade fairly quickly. Not sounding picky, its just not as cut/dry as it should seem.

Originally Posted by AndrewBVY View Post
Rick,

From my understanding, based on the company presentation at the interview, junior base is basically wherever they're the most busy at that particular time. FOs can plan on going to the midwest (St. Louis, Fort Leonard Wood, Cape Girardeau, etc.) since that's really the only region that uses FOs.

I have a friend who was hired as captain in June. He started based in HYA (Hyannis, MA) and was sent down to St. Thomas in October...

In terms of "bases" though, they told us that every single airport they fly into is considered a "base." So basically if Cape Air flies there, you can pick it as a base.

I'm sure there are other details that I'm not - and won't be- aware of until I start training.

- Andrew
Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM
New Hire

Definitely hear ya on that one!

I'm lucky enough to have some other side things, such as web designing, to help make some extra cash but we'll see how that goes once I actually start flying. lol
Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Anyone know what are the real current minimums? I have 1520TT, 149 Multi and a little over 70 hours in C421. Applied few months ago. Haven't heard anything. So I am assuming they are hiring guys with much higher times.

Had been calling the two recruiters often, but they never answer or call back.

Last edited by Airplane Crazy; 01-18-2011 at 11:59 AM.