Southern Airways Express

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Southern Airways Express

Old 04-27-2019, 07:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by MacrossJet View Post
What are the current mins HR is looking for for people to get calls? 250tt, or higher?

I can't answer that because I don't know. My sim partner had around 350 but it probably varies based on several factors, just a guess.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by SkyFive View Post
I can't answer that because I don't know. My sim partner had around 350 but it probably varies based on several factors, just a guess.

Awesome, thanks!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019

May I ask, what are your hours?

The training is actually fun. You spend a couple of weeks in Pompano Beach going over the the CE208B, company policies/procedures/op specs/135 regulations. Written test at the end. You get your picture made in uniform and hat, you'll look just like a bonafide airline pilot. Then they'll wisk you away for a weeks worth of Flight Safety or FlyRight training in a level D simulator. This is the fun part, no really. You'll be flipping switches and spinning knobs, making call outs, running the checklists..it's just awesome (I say that with sincerity). Be prepared to hand fly & KFC150 autopilot/Garmin 530 precision/non precision approaches, a hold and a few missed, emergencies galore. It's nothing to get worked up about though because your working as a crew. PNF handles all the extra curricular activities and everything just goes sooo smooth. The sim flys just like a sim, fly the instruments and use a light touch (use both the armrests to steady your forearm and fly with your wrist/fingers). After the 135 checkride in the sim you may go straight to base or home for a breather.
Sure! Around 600 TT 500PIC 60Simulated , pretty easy..
Thanks a lot ! Are you currently working for SAE?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Will an email to Julie suffice or should I give them a call a couple weeks after to follow up? I'm at 265 TT, Commercial ASEL and AMEL with Instrument.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by JMora View Post
Will an email to Julie suffice or should I give them a call a couple weeks after to follow up? I'm at 265 TT, Commercial ASEL and AMEL with Instrument.
They ask for 500 TT minimum
Old 05-03-2019, 09:00 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by yrbroom View Post
The HR rep I spoke with made it sound like the contract with Southern was until 1800 AND you had to do the 1 year flow with Mesa. Sounds like a serious commitment.
So is it a FLOW through to Mesa or a PATHWAY PROGRAM?
Old 05-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

May I ask, what are your hours?

The training is actually fun. You spend a couple of weeks in Pompano Beach going over the the CE208B, company policies/procedures/op specs/135 regulations. Written test at the end. You get your picture made in uniform and hat, you'll look just like a bonafide airline pilot. Then they'll wisk you away for a weeks worth of Flight Safety or FlyRight training in a level D simulator. This is the fun part, no really. You'll be flipping switches and spinning knobs, making call outs, running the checklists..it's just awesome (I say that with sincerity). Be prepared to hand fly & KFC150 autopilot/Garmin 530 precision/non precision approaches, a hold and a few missed, emergencies galore. It's nothing to get worked up about though because your working as a crew. PNF handles all the extra curricular activities and everything just goes sooo smooth. The sim flys just like a sim, fly the instruments and use a light touch (use both the armrests to steady your forearm and fly with your wrist/fingers). After the 135 checkride in the sim you may go straight to base or home for a breather.
Do you remember how long the training was?
Old 05-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Jump pilot 17 View Post
Do you remember how long the training was?

It is three to four weeks as I recall.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by eliorzion View Post
They ask for 500 TT minimum
I emailed them with 440 TT, 350 pic and 20 multi but did not receive a response.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:54 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CFII
Default A few questions

Are all of the aircraft equipped with the 530's and steam gauges? Any glass panels?
I see they have flight benefits. Do any of the pilots commute? Any crash pads?
The FO position pay of $12 @ 65 guarantee or even the $18 @65 guarantee is below the national poverty level. How much flying do you typically get per month?
How fast can you upgrade to captain? I meet most of the captain requirements minus the Caravan experience and the turbine time. Any chance they will wave these based on other experience, ie multi-engine time, dual given?