Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Quest Diagnostics is Hiring!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Any idea what the spot in Dallas is for?

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2021, 07:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post
Any idea what the spot in Dallas is for?

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
These last few postings have definitely been confusing. For starters they are listed as "Captain-First Officer" and are no where near as detailed as their previous pilot job postings have been. A year and a half or so ago they had a First Officer job open and the min requirements were clearly laid out like any other pilot position you see advertised. The ones now are much more vague.

Also from what I know about the company, the Dallas base is, or at least was, just Phenom jets and they didn't use first officers. Maybe they are expanding though? If so, that would be fantastic as I would absolutely love to work for Quest.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in communication, we've been super busy overall and haven't taken our foot off the pedal since all this stuff started. In fact, as you can see, we've been busy hiring.

To answer some of the questions...

- Have we filled the FO slot in LZU? To my knowledge, we have not filled that position. If it is still on the official quest job page I would consider the position open.

- What is the Dallas position about? We were told it is a first officer position. The volume of cargo on the flights that are based in Dallas has increased dramatically. The nights would go faster and put less strain on the captain if we had a second crew member.

- What aircraft does the Dallas base fly? Due to the increase in volume as stated above, the Dallas base has switched to the PC12 to accommodate. I believe both Captains are still current on the Phenom 100, but they hardly if at all fly them.

- What is the Captain-First Officer I job title mean? I do think this has some translation error between the flight team and our HR team but essentially we consider all of our First Officers future captains. The First Officer program is designed to give a lower-timed pilot real-world experience into the type of weather and scenarios we run into constantly so as to prepare the pilot to become a captain. We are not in the business of helping pilots build time to reach the regionals. Our First Officer program has been quite successful. Since late 2018, ALL SIX OF OUR FIRST OFFICERS HAVE UPGRADED TO CAPTAIN and are still flying with us today across multiple bases.

-
What is with these new postings.. they aren't that informative as they use to be? Quest hired a head hunter company about a year ago that hasn't seemed to post aviation listing before. If you see a posting that is not on the quest hiring page I would read it with a grain of salt. They also aren't always up to date on when an opening is no longer open so they continuously post for a job that is no longer availabe.

-
What jobs are currently or soon to be available? Well, there is the LZU and DAL FO slot. There is also talk that we may be hiring another FO shortly in RDG so stay tuned for that posting.

Hope This answers the question yall have, I will try to jump on here more frequently with updates.

Cheers
Old 12-13-2021, 09:51 AM
EJET Driver

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Just applied to both recent FO openings 664TT 115ME. Am I competitive for the openings?
Old 12-13-2021, 09:52 AM
EJET Driver

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default FO Openings

Just applied to both recent FO openings 664TT 115ME. Am I competitive for the openings?
Old 12-14-2021, 01:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FlightLife2020 View Post
Anecdotal I know, but I got TBNT last week for the Reading FO position. Just over 750TT and 85 multi.

Saw they not only re-posted that job but also have the GA one open now too.

It would definitely be interesting to know what is actually competitive for the position. Maybe your extra multi time will help.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:00 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Anecdotal I know, but I got TBNT last week for the Reading FO position. Just over 750TT and 85 multi.

Saw they not only re-posted that job but also have the GA one open now too.

It would definitely be interesting to know what is actually competitive for the position. Maybe your extra multi time will help.
How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Old 01-08-2022, 08:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Cornbreadthief View Post
How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Two months. Applied first week of October and got TBNT first week of December.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Hey guys, I know that both Falken and I have been a large portion of information on Quest over the past few years. We both have moved onto the 121 side of flying and are no longer associated with Quest. I will try and answer questions as best as I can. For those who put their hours on here, typically anywhere from 500-1000 hours is what they are looking for in a First Officer. However, being local to the area will make them choose that individual over someone more qualified 9 times out of 10. It took me almost 3 years to get hired on at Quest as a FO and back then (2018) I already had almost 400 hours of pc12 PIC time. At such a low time I would bite at any job given to get to those 135 PIC hours then give Quest another ring as a captain. Just dont go to BTQ.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Two months. Applied first week of October and got TBNT first week of December.
Wow yeah I applied about a month ago and haven’t heard back yet, looks like they havent even looked at mine yet