Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheesUp/Gama

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by razberry View Post
Sorry for SOTA for not understanding one item in your post. What is the meaning of "293 a oral"?
It's the oral eval over the regs, ops Specs, and company procedures. Required once a year.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Because they vary by experience and time in the aircraft, but you can expect those minimums for PIC street hires.

Yes the KingAirs as a whole fly more than the XLs on average. KingAirs are the bread and butter of the operation.
I saw this and read already a few posts. So they are Only hiring w ATP Mins? Or are they going below 1,500 hours?
Old 04-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Wing Locker

Originally Posted by SilverFlying View Post
I saw this and read already a few posts. So they are Only hiring w ATP Mins? Or are they going below 1,500 hours?
ATP mins last I heard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by SOTA View Post
ATP mins last I heard

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll get there soon I guess.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Wing Locker

Originally Posted by SilverFlying View Post
Gotcha. Thanks. I'll get there soon I guess.
We are growing build the time and apply good luck

Old 04-08-2018, 02:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by razberry View Post
Sorry for SOTA for not understanding one item in your post. What is the meaning of "293 a oral"?
It comes from the regulation 135.293(a). It's all of the company specific items and is normally given by someone approved at your comapny. Your 135.293(b) is basically your aircraft systems oral exam and is often given by an independent, approved training provider like CAE or Flight Safety.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id..._1293&rgn=div8

135.293 Initial and recurrent pilot testing requirements.
(a) No certificate holder may use a pilot, nor may any person serve as a pilot, unless, since the beginning of the 12th calendar month before that service, that pilot has passed a written or oral test, given by the Administrator or an authorized check pilot, on that pilot's knowledge in the following areas—

(1) The appropriate provisions of parts 61, 91, and 135 of this chapter and the operations specifications and the manual of the certificate holder;

(2) For each type of aircraft to be flown by the pilot, the aircraft powerplant, major components and systems, major appliances, performance and operating limitations, standard and emergency operating procedures, and the contents of the approved Aircraft Flight Manual or equivalent, as applicable;

(3) For each type of aircraft to be flown by the pilot, the method of determining compliance with weight and balance limitations for takeoff, landing and en route operations;

(4) Navigation and use of air navigation aids appropriate to the operation or pilot authorization, including, when applicable, instrument approach facilities and procedures;

(5) Air traffic control procedures, including IFR procedures when applicable;

(6) Meteorology in general, including the principles of frontal systems, icing, fog, thunderstorms, and windshear, and, if appropriate for the operation of the certificate holder, high altitude weather;

(7) Procedures for—

(i) Recognizing and avoiding severe weather situations;

(ii) Escaping from severe weather situations, in case of inadvertent encounters, including low-altitude windshear (except that rotorcraft pilots are not required to be tested on escaping from low-altitude windshear);

(iii) Operating in or near thunderstorms (including best penetrating altitudes), turbulent air (including clear air turbulence), icing, hail, and other potentially hazardous meteorological conditions; and

(8) New equipment, procedures, or techniques, as appropriate; and

(9) For rotorcraft pilots, procedures for aircraft handling in flat-light, whiteout, and brownout conditions, including methods for recognizing and avoiding those conditions.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Good thread. Retiring from USMC before too long. Will have a little under 4000TT with a little over 2000ME PIC including mostly KC-130J and probably 700 in KingAir C90 (PiC/IP). Sound like PIC off the street numbers?
Old 04-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by Mikeyrobs View Post
Good thread. Retiring from USMC before too long. Will have a little under 4000TT with a little over 2000ME PIC including mostly KC-130J and probably 700 in KingAir C90 (PiC/IP). Sound like PIC off the street numbers?
Possibly.

Do you eat crayons?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Maybe. Not sure if they are hiring street captains w/o the type. They weren't when I got hired, and there are enough good FOs waiting on upgrades, there's not much reason to.

That being said, upgrade is running right at a year if you are hired as an FO. Could be shorter depending on need.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

They hired street Captains without the type rating in January, February and March this year. They need people. Under the new guidelines, those hired as FO's and have the needed time can be upgraded to Capt after 1 year whether or not there is a Captain position. It is not unusual for 2 Captains to fly together.