Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Truth About Tradewind

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

I'm a happy drinker of the koolaid from Tradewind, and I'm also not afraid to say who I am or that I'm a vendor with very close ties to almost everyone employed at TJ.

They're quite the step above other Part 135 clients of mine.

1. My checks have NEVER bounced or been late. I've never worried about not getting paid from TJ. I can't say that about my other Part 135 and even some 121 clients.

2. DZ and EZ really DO care about the employees as a whole. They want everyone to be proud of TJ and also in their jobs

3. DZ and EZ have invested a LOT of time, money, and energy into making this work. I remember even giving my competitor a call to have them lead up a project DZ/EZ wanted done that we couldn't do, and even my competitor said TJ is leaps and bounds better than his other 135 clients.

Part 135 world SUCKS. Its NOT easy. There are lots of sh*tty days. But, there are many, many days of "CAVU" where things are perfect. Flights on time, planes not broken. No one calls out sick. Pax show up on time. Customs isn't grumpy. I'm sorry that the OP didn't have a good time at TJ. I read these threads to keep a pulse on the staff, since they are my #1 concern. When they are grumpy, I can hear it and sense it as we deal with them.

But I would also warn you - DZ/EZ do read these forums. Its much, MUCH easier to do a face-to-face with them and talk about things. I've delivered many bad news to DZ/EZ and I'm still here. We didn't fight about it, but we worked together to fix it.

I'm just sad you didn't give TJ a true chance to be an enjoyable 135 experience. Because so far everyone we know, its lightyears ahead of the other Part 135s we work with. And trust me, as a vendor we work with *many* other Part 135s (air taxi & scheduled) and TJ is by far our favorite... both ownership and staff.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017

Don't have time to be long winded, but wanted to chime in and say that my time at TW was probably the most fun flying I'll do in my career, and the people were awesome. Working there was an outstanding experience. Yes, you work hard, but the team atmosphere makes it all worth it. Whenever someone bashes TW online, I think the number of current and former employees who are quick to counter with praise speaks volumes to the quality of the company.

Also, TWInsider sounds like an douche...
Old 05-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014

TW sounds like a fun place to work at! The good out ways the bad. Captains should be Captains however.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:56 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by FormerTW View Post
Yes, you work hard, but the team atmosphere makes it all worth it. Whenever someone bashes TW online, I think the number of current and former employees who are quick to counter with praise speaks volumes to the quality of the company.
Come on guys! Seriously not a single person who is a pilot or former pilot for this company would ever write that!
Even the few pilots that are going to be Tradewind lifers/koolade drinkers would never write that. There is zero team atmosphere amongst pilots or corporate at all! Some pilots are friends but “team atmosphere makes it all worth it” is the most obvious fake post, not true garbage lies you could have written. I mean you could have used a handful of actual true things that are good about the company, but since you are management and not an actual former Tradewind pilot you clearly don't even know what the pilots here actually think is good about the company. You should have just let this post stay buried. Now you have my literary juices flowing!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:06 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by FormerTWPilot View Post

Come on guys! Seriously not a single person who is a pilot or former pilot for this company would ever write that!
Even the few pilots that are going to be Tradewind lifers/koolade drinkers would never write that. There is zero team atmosphere amongst pilots or corporate at all! Some pilots are friends but “team atmosphere makes it all worth it” is the most obvious fake post, not true garbage lies you could have written. I mean you could have used a handful of actual true things that are good about the company, but since you are management and not an actual former Tradewind pilot you clearly don't even know what the pilots here actually think is good about the company. You should have just let this post stay buried. Now you have my literary juices flowing!

Absolutely a former TW pilot. You sound like an incredibly tedious person to deal with. Glad you moved on for the sake of the company.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Last To Know First To Go

Joined APC: Sep 2016

I gotta say this has been an interesting read. I think this thread should have been named "As The Prop Turns"!!
Soap opera drama
Sorry, but funny stuff!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by TWInsider View Post

Finally TWPilot, in respect to your head in the sand about the new SIC’s that are not happy. You are right. NOT ALL of them regret coming here. There are 1 maybe 2 that don’t seem to complain or even talk very much in general. But I personally know of 4 out of the class of 5 that came down 2.5 months ago that are “going home” to put in applications with other carriers or are going on military orders because they are not experiencing what they were sold.
Just had to circle back on this and say TOLD YOU SO!!! Not only are all but one from the class I referenced gone but another dozen on top of that... Icing on the cake is the one pilot that has stayed out of that class is the one that ALL the pilots hate flying with the most!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Don't have time to be long winded, but wanted to chime in and say that my time at TW was probably the most fun flying I'll do in my career, and the people were awesome. Working there was an outstanding experience. Yes, you work hard, but the team atmosphere makes it all worth it. Whenever someone bashes TW online, I think the number of current and former employees who are quick to counter with praise speaks volumes to the quality of the company.
Absolutely a former TW pilot.
You might be a former TW pilot but you are 100% working in management now. You sound a whole lot like the former clueless CP now ADO. Stop spreading BS lies about this company and just fix it. Tradewind sucks and you treat your pilots like garbage. How many more have to quit before you implement change? I hope the number is two, because that is how many internal recommendations I have written this week for current Tradewind pilots that want to get the hell out before their contracts are up! The regionals can't hire fast enough and you are making it too easy for me to poach your people and line my pockets with referral bonuses.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by TWInsider View Post
You might be a former TW pilot but you are 100% working in management now. You sound a whole lot like the former clueless CP now ADO. Stop spreading BS lies about this company and just fix it. Tradewind sucks and you treat your pilots like garbage. How many more have to quit before you implement change? I hope the number is two, because that is how many internal recommendations I have written this week for current Tradewind pilots that want to get the hell out before their contracts are up! The regionals can't hire fast enough and you are making it too easy for me to poach your people and line my pockets with referral bonuses.

Thank you TWinsider for sharing your experience. I had read both sides of the story. If I work for this company, I know now what I am getting into.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Condor73 View Post
Thank you TWinsider for sharing your experience. I had read both sides of the story. If I work for this company, I know now what I am getting into.
However you take this forum. If you believe in all of this which is distorted then move on. For 20 something new pilot this job is too hard and I ll give you my opinion .. Do not belong in aviation at all with their attitudes. They wanna fly when ever they feel like and want everything to be served on a platter as one said TW should take car of his bar tab .. Flip side of this story about half of the new pilots can't do this job.. very marginal flying skills , not really interested in learning anything.. At the end don't get upgraded .. and for current pilots here we are glad they are leaving or are already left . One thing is true TW put up with attitudes for too long and they should not cause is difficult to fly with clueless but they do .. they give more then enough chances.