Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
billyho's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Striker View Post
I've been at this company for 4 years now. My last reserve take home pay was $1,100. After paying my crash pad rent, car payment, "minimum" credit card payment and home/renters insurance I'm left with barely $100 in my checking account. It's only September 8th and I'm already being forced to use my credit card to put gas in my car and food on the table. I have over $10,000 in credit card debt. Despite numerous attempts to pay down my debt, it seems like I get screwed over every couple of months and end up having to put more charges on my credit card. We're highly trained professional pilots. We shouldn't have to live like this..
You knew the pay before joining the ranks didn't you? I did! Reserve for 4 years? What Company??
If Piedmont Signs this deal and it sucks it won't matter. People won't go there. However PDT's deal is right in line with Mesa, Compass, and SkyWest. Let the market and pilot shortage play out. Things will change soon, but PDT pilots will not fall on the sword for your sad story.
billyho is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
skypilot35's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: It's hot out here.
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyho View Post
You knew the pay before joining the ranks didn't you? I did! Reserve for 4 years? What Company??
If Piedmont Signs this deal and it sucks it won't matter. People won't go there. However PDT's deal is right in line with Mesa, Compass, and SkyWest. Let the market and pilot shortage play out. Things will change soon, but PDT pilots will not fall on the sword for your sad story.
He is not the only one with that "sad story" and there is no reason any pilot should live like that.
skypilot35 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:13 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
If we don't stand up and act like we have some juevos, this will continue. We are worth more than $23k a year. Don't punk out, don't lower the bar!

Sorry, but you are only worth what you get paid. Face reality, a regional airline is an entry level job and a regional f/o is paid so little, because most bring so little to the table (experience and skill wise). That's all you are worth.
Brand X is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JamesNoBrakes's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player
Posts: 3,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
Sorry, but you are only worth what you get paid. Face reality, a regional airline is an entry level job and a regional f/o is paid so little, because most bring so little to the table (experience and skill wise). That's all you are worth.
Wow, do I even need a pilot's license to fly for a regional airline, or do they give that to me in the first year?
JamesNoBrakes is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JohnnyDingus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
Quote:





Originally Posted by TheFly


If we don't stand up and act like we have some juevos, this will continue. We are worth more than $23k a year. Don't punk out, don't lower the bar!





Sorry, but you are only worth what you get paid. Face reality, a regional airline is an entry level job and a regional f/o is paid so little, because most bring so little to the table (experience and skill wise). That's all you are worth.
That's ignorant. So a 20 year corporate jet pilot who goes to a regional is unskilled?
JohnnyDingus is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #16  
MK Ultra Candidate
 
ClickClickBoom's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Prime Leader of Boko Harumph
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
He is not the only one with that "sad story" and there is no reason any pilot should live like that.
Choice is a wonderful thing, but it is a double edged sword. Bad choices will always be bad choices. Employment is a volunteer process, prisoners to this industry are self imposed.
ClickClickBoom is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:31 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDingus View Post
That's ignorant. So a 20 year corporate jet pilot who goes to a regional is unskilled?
You are the ignorant one who can't read. I specifically said "most". "Most" regional new hires are not 20 year corporate jet pilots. Why would a 20 year corporate jet pilot be starting at a regional? There has to be a good story behind this.
Brand X is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buddies8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
Sorry, but you are only worth what you get paid. Face reality, a regional airline is an entry level job and a regional f/o is paid so little, because most bring so little to the table (experience and skill wise). That's all you are worth.
Sorry but your an idiot or management troll. No your both.
buddies8 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #19  
MK Ultra Candidate
 
ClickClickBoom's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Prime Leader of Boko Harumph
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDingus View Post
That's ignorant. So a 20 year corporate jet pilot who goes to a regional is unskilled?
Sorry to say yes, flying is the basic skill set, operating in an airline environment is wildly different from freight and corporate. Note the difference between flying and operating. That's why one has to be a F/O prior to upgrade in almost ever situation in the airline world. Not because of some mysterious power, it's the required skillset.
ClickClickBoom is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 07:04 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JohnnyDingus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
You are the ignorant one who can't read. I specifically said "most". "Most" regional new hires are not 20 year corporate jet pilots. Why would a 20 year corporate jet pilot be starting at a regional? There has to be a good story behind this.
How do you get "most", what stats prove this?

My class of 25 had 3 new hires who instructed prior to now. The rest had previous experience in the corporate world, 135, prior 121, military.
JohnnyDingus is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
aag, concessions, pay, piedmont, whipsaw
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Insanity of Concessions in 2014 JungleBus Regional 272 04-10-2015 06:30 PM
Don't Buy into the Piedmont Propaganda Captjhan Piedmont Airlines 79 11-21-2014 11:48 AM
Concessions - Concessions - Concessions flynavyj Regional 13 08-12-2013 04:18 PM
Comair Pilots Approve Concessions ryane946 Regional 7 03-02-2007 07:53 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:10 AM.