Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #1  
ubermich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Colgan Mins.

To anyone that knows anything about this - I keep hearing that Colgan's mins right now are 600/100. On Colgan's website it says 1000/100, and on airline apps it says 900/100. Why do I keep hearing 600/100 - once from a colgan pilot? How do people find this stuff out? And does anyone know what their mins actually are?
 
Old 02-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WEACLRS's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermich
To anyone that knows anything about this - I keep hearing that Colgan's mins right now are 600/100. On Colgan's website it says 1000/100, and on airline apps it says 900/100. Why do I keep hearing 600/100 - once from a colgan pilot? How do people find this stuff out? And does anyone know what their mins actually are?
Colgan's official mins are 1000/100. However pilots have been hired with less in the past year. I know talking with HR that 100 hours multi...right now...is firm. The total time may be less. I'd suggest if you have 700 TT and the 100 multi, apply, especially if a Colgan pilot is willing to recommend you. Then keep updating your app until they call.

Last edited by WEACLRS; 02-15-2006 at 08:05 PM.
WEACLRS is offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 02:59 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
iflyjets4food's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB 170/175 F.O.
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEACLRS
Colgan's official mins are 1000/100. However pilots have been hired with less in the past year. I know talking with HR that 100 hours multi...right now...is firm. The total time may be less. I'd suggest if you have 700 TT and the 100 multi, apply, especially if a Colgan pilot is willing to recommend you. Then keep updating your app until they call.
I've been updating my app on the airlineapps website since the middle of September, and pretty frequently at that. I haven't heard anything. Someone suggested I send my resume via email. I did so, and Chuck Colgan sent me an email saying apply on the airlineapps website. What do I need to do differently? Have 1325/125 with 100 turbine. Any help????? Thanks.
iflyjets4food is offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LAfrequentflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,194
Default

Call HR, let them know you have applied since xxx and have been updating your resume every xxx weeks. Ask them what else you need to do to be more competitive for Colgan. You want to work there and want to be as strong a candidate going into the interview...

I got a job once based on my post interview question alone: Am I a good candidate for the position. If not, what can I improve to be the candidate you are looking for. Till that point I had completely screwed the interview. They liked that I was willing to improve and not afraid to ask direct questions.

It works - people want to help the ones that help themselves...

Good Luck.

-LA
LAfrequentflyer is offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WEACLRS's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyjets4food
I've been updating my app on the airlineapps website since the middle of September, and pretty frequently at that. I haven't heard anything. Someone suggested I send my resume via email. I did so, and Chuck Colgan sent me an email saying apply on the airlineapps website. What do I need to do differently? Have 1325/125 with 100 turbine. Any help????? Thanks.
Odd. You have the times. I'm surprised your app hasn't surfaced yet. Suggest you call Cathy Angelo at Colgan 703-368-8880 and speak with her directly. Let her know your times and that your app is on airlineapps. Be prepared for a phone interview.
WEACLRS is offline  
Old 02-17-2006, 05:30 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
freezingflyboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.
Posts: 3,612
Default

WEACLRS,
Im in a similar boat to iflyjets. I have about 900TT/125ME and have been updating my app on airlineapps every week or two and have sent several emails. Ive heard from a couple of people at Colgan that I am right in the middle as far as times they are looking for even though they advertise 1000/100. I guess my question is 2 parts: Would it be worthwhile for me to give Cathy a call or have they increased the times they want? Is it "kosher" to call her and ask about an application? I know a lot of airlines specifically say not to call about an application. Thanks for any advice.
freezingflyboy is offline  
Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buffalopilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 539
Default

Chuck and CAthy called me with 504/133 hours. I am a CFI II MEI nothing special.
buffalopilot is offline  
Old 02-17-2006, 07:11 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WEACLRS's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingflyboy
WEACLRS,
Im in a similar boat to iflyjets. I have about 900TT/125ME and have been updating my app on airlineapps every week or two and have sent several emails. Ive heard from a couple of people at Colgan that I am right in the middle as far as times they are looking for even though they advertise 1000/100. I guess my question is 2 parts: Would it be worthwhile for me to give Cathy a call or have they increased the times they want? Is it "kosher" to call her and ask about an application? I know a lot of airlines specifically say not to call about an application. Thanks for any advice.

I think if your app has been in for more than several months, it's ok to give Cathy a polite call and ask if there is anything you can do to be more competitive. The times haven't changed. One other thing...we aren't running a new hire class in March, so they may be waiting a week or two to start interviewing for April. Also, Colgan has been regularly attending AIR Inc seminars. Suggest you attend one to meet Cathy.
WEACLRS is offline  
Old 02-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
freezingflyboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.
Posts: 3,612
Default

Thats all I have too!!! (I guess i have the ATP written too but thats not that special) I guess my question is who did i P!55 OFF!?!?! From everyone Ive talked to at Colgan I am right where they are looking! Do I need to go into their offices naked with my hair on fire to get noticed or something!?!? Really freaking frustrating... I might just call Cathy and ask her what the deal is, what am I doing wrong...
freezingflyboy is offline  
Old 02-17-2006, 07:17 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buffalopilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 539
Default

DO you all have degrees? Very important!! Chuck said they called me because I have 8 years of college and am a medical doctor
buffalopilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reserve at Colgan JoeyMeatballs Regional 19 01-07-2008 06:12 AM
Colgan mins? schne80a Regional 17 06-25-2006 10:04 AM
Colgan Air Pilot Hiring - Open House WEACLRS Regional 4 05-15-2006 03:41 PM
Colgan and luggage RockBass14 Regional 6 01-05-2006 12:17 PM
SkyWest mins FL410 Regional 3 10-09-2005 08:53 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:40 PM.