Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18  68  108  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  128  168  218  618  1118 
Page 118 of 20173
Go to
Mil Retiree Health Plan with Delta's Health Plan
Quote: Here's what I found about DAL plan. http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sh...&postcount=797

I've heard most stay with TRICARE and add DAL's dental/vision but that could just be the retirees.
Anyone have thoughts on Mil Retirees keeping Tricare Prime/Standard as stand alone or in addition to Delta's Plan?

I've heard the mil retiree family dental plan is ridiculous so maybe Delta's is better. I'm not sure how the vision part works for retiree family.

I've also heard that if you sign up for Delta's plans, that you would need to sign up for Tricare Standard versus Prime to avoid having 2 HMOs fight it out.

I'm not sure when during Indoc that the decision needs to be made. Any thoughts would be helpful.
I have a quick question. Once you take the medical/psych, do you get a letter in the mail or an email inviting you to train?

Once you do get the letter, do you call in and they give you a training date, or do they tell you that you are cleared to train on some future date?

Im sure that this has been written somewhere here, but this thread is pretty huge. Thanks for the info!
You never "sign up" for Standard...it's yours by default for being an ID card holder. You need to sign up for Prime if you want to keep it by the 20th of the month before the effective date of retirement, otherwise, after retirement you become Standard. Which, IMO, is not a bad gig. My wife and boy have enjoyed it while I've been on AD. I think the only big change for stnd for ret vs. AD in the yearly cap goes up to 3K vs 1K. I think many get a supplemental ins to cover some other inpatient shortfalls,etc.
Quote: I have a quick question. Once you take the medical/psych, do you get a letter in the mail or an email inviting you to train?

Once you do get the letter, do you call in and they give you a training date, or do they tell you that you are cleared to train on some future date?

Im sure that this has been written somewhere here, but this thread is pretty huge. Thanks for the info!
The "Cleared to Train" e-mail comes first, then sometime down the road Brian B. will call you offering a class date.
Quote: I have a quick question. Once you take the medical/psych, do you get a letter in the mail or an email inviting you to train?

If everything goes well, you will get the "cleared to train" e-mail about 10 days after your interview. Then, a few days later you will get a call from Brian Bolt, offering you a class date. Then you will get another e-mail confirming the class date and giving you info about travel, etc.

So the initial class offering is by telephone... everything else by e-mail.
Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to the email and phone call then.
Quote: You never "sign up" for Standard...it's yours by default for being an ID card holder. You need to sign up for Prime if you want to keep it by the 20th of the month before the effective date of retirement, otherwise, after retirement you become Standard. Which, IMO, is not a bad gig. My wife and boy have enjoyed it while I've been on AD. I think the only big change for stnd for ret vs. AD in the yearly cap goes up to 3K vs 1K. I think many get a supplemental ins to cover some other inpatient shortfalls,etc.
Well, true about Std as long as you have signed up as a retiree since you have to pay for it.

My family has been Prime for a long time and it has worked in the past....my kids live in SHV and I'm in ABI. I'm thinking Prime will still be good but not sure about the new co-pays.

Standard might be good as a secondary since technically if you have other insurance coverage, Tricare is always secondary. Just trying to see if it's worth having 2 with Delta's as the primary or whether I should consider just Prime.
Tricare Prime by itself works for my family (frau, svei kinder). I declined DAL's medical but chose their dental plan (much better than retired military's plan). It didn't take much time looking at the numbers/coverages to figure that one out. Of course, your mileage may vary.
RAGATO, thanks for asking this question; I'm in the same boat. Going in my thought is that Prime is going to be the way to go and most likely I'll forgo any insurance with Delta that I have to pay for. Now swap that mentality for the dental. I think almost anything DA offers will be better than the mil retirement option. See you on Monday.
Quote: RAGATO, thanks for asking this question; I'm in the same boat. Going in my thought is that Prime is going to be the way to go and most likely I'll forgo any insurance with Delta that I have to pay for. Now swap that mentality for the dental. I think almost anything DA offers will be better than the mil retirement option. See you on Monday.
Thanks y'all. It looks like I'll be going Tricare Prime with DAL's dental coverage, but still open to other options.

Excited about getting to the Crown Plaza in Atlanta tomorrow. See you Monday GunshipGuy!
18  68  108  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  128  168  218  618  1118 
Page 118 of 20173
Go to