Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
48  98  138  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  158  198  248  648 
Page 148 of 783
Go to
Quote: Everybody gets a phone call that meets the min. So think as if you're in last place is basically how I see it.
I have not recived a call. App says reviewed. Heard late April for interviews.
Quote: I have not recived a call. App says reviewed. Heard late April for interviews.
Interesting, I applied last week and got a call the other day.
Quote: Interesting, I applied last week and got a call the other day.
Did you have a previous application in? I also heard the call you are getting is not from Alaska, but the people that work for Smart Recruiters. Not sure if that is true.

I submitted my resume on Smart Recruiters in January.
Quote: Did you have a previous application in? I also heard the call you are getting is not from Alaska, but the people that work for Smart Recruiters. Not sure if that is true.

I submitted my resume on Smart Recruiters in January.
Nope first time. Yup it's a different company doing the screening. I'm not sure how the process works, but maybe you get more points for going through them?
Quote: Nope first time. Yup it's a different company doing the screening. I'm not sure how the process works, but maybe you get more points for going through them?
When you joined did you create an account or login with LinkedIn?
Quote: When you joined did you create an account or login with LinkedIn?
I clicked upload resume and it created my account that way.
Quote: I clicked upload resume and it created my account that way.
I think that is it. Now I know why they said not to log in with LinkedIn at WAI. If you log in with your LinkedIn profile smart recruiters never sees it, but Alaska does.
Quote: I've applied for years and chased them to numerous fairs. My middle name is 'North to the future', born on a bed of Sitka Spruce needles, baptized in the Yukon, saved a family of Willow ptarmigans with my Alaskan Malamute 'Balto' and still haven't heard a sound.
And your grandfather is the eskimo on the tail, right?
Quote: Nope first time. Yup it's a different company doing the screening. I'm not sure how the process works, but maybe you get more points for going through them?
I did the phone screen back in January. Not sure if it's more points but rather to keep you hooked before looking to go elsewhere. From my perspective it doesn't provide any benefit other than getting your hopes up but who knows.
Quote: I did the phone screen back in January. Not sure if it's more points but rather to keep you hooked before looking to go elsewhere. From my perspective it doesn't provide any benefit other than getting your hopes up but who knows.

I agree. Especially it gives you that false hope because they are reaching out to you. Then you get a phone call from a number in Atlanta. I was told to bookmark the pilot position and wait for Alaska to open the window. So basically no different than being one of the 10k applicants at a legacy.
48  98  138  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  158  198  248  648 
Page 148 of 783
Go to