Mesa 3.0

Subscribe
84  134  174  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  194  234  284  684 
Page 184 of 690
Go to
Quote: What makes you think you're getting more planes? Pretty sure United is scoped out.
We're either getting more planes or it's a carrot to get through the holidays.

Several emails have started with "With new aircraft on the horizon...." Also an email from the CEO stating they are in discussion to add new aircraft to IAD (I'm guessing 175s) and the current 700s would be "what is by far most likely - reallocated into service with another major airline flown by Mesa."

Just stating what we've been told. Please don't shoot the messenger.
Quote: What makes you think you're getting more planes? Pretty sure United is scoped out.
United just signed a deal to purchase 15 more 175s. I think it was 15. Was in the press release where they defer 737s
Doom and gloom is on the horizon for Mesa, not more airplanes and fast upgradezzzz.
Quote: Doom and gloom is on the horizon for Mesa, not more airplanes and fast upgradezzzz.
Even with more airplanes, there won't be fast upgrades. Unless we actually go to Hawaii, then there could be depending who wants to head out there (went fairly junior before).
Quote: United just signed a deal to purchase 15 more 175s. I think it was 15. Was in the press release where they defer 737s
24 E-175 orders were transferred from Republic to United.
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/unit...-buy-24-e175s/

We can be 100% confident United will allocate for their strategic benefit. Unfortunately, none of us are privy to any closed door conversations between Mesa and UA. Market forces will send these jets to where they can provide the maximum net earnings to UA with the least amount of risk.

UA will need to cut/announce a deal soon as these are slotted for delivery in 2017.
United Airlines Takes Over Republic Order for 24 Embraer 175s

Where these jets go will tell us more about Mesa's current health and potential future than just about anything else I can think of. I think we will not have long to wait.
Quote: 24 E-175 orders were transferred from Republic to United.

We can be 100% confident United will allocate for their strategic benefit. Unfortunately, none of us are privy to any closed door conversations between Mesa and UA. Market forces will send these jets to where they can provide the maximum net earnings to UA with the least amount of risk.

UA will need to cut/announce a deal soon as these are slotted for delivery in 2017.

Where these jets go will tell us more about Mesa's current health and potential future than just about anything else I can think of. I think we will not have long to wait.
JO said 38 plane deal in the works.
I shook my crystal ball and came up with this.
20 of those will replace the CR7's in IAD
That leaves 18.
10 will be the 175's you mentioned
8 will be CRJ-900's for AA to replace AC with early lease return dates.
Quote: JO said 38 plane deal in the works.
I shook my crystal ball and came up with this.
20 of those will replace the CR7's in IAD
That leaves 18.
10 will be the 175's you mentioned
8 will be CRJ-900's for AA to replace AC with early lease return dates.
The Magic 8 Ball says: "Yes, definitely", then "Very doubtful", and then
"Reply hazy try again". Seems I cannot get any clear direction from this thing...or Mesa!!
Let me spell it out for you. Why do you think Mesa is offering "Perfect Attendance" deals and buying back vacations for December and January??? They are preparing for an onslaught of resignations from both CA and FO on both equipments. This is the proverbial "writing on the wall". Keep believing what you want about the state Mesa is in right now. It's not right now that matters. It's what's to come that does.
Quote: 24 E-175 orders were transferred from Republic to United.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 12 of those 24 have already been confirmed to go to Republic with deliveries starting in April 2017.

As for the other 12, that has yet to be announced.
Quote: Sorry to burst your bubble, but 12 of those 24 have already been confirmed to go to Republic with deliveries starting in April 2017.

As for the other 12, that has yet to be announced.
Hopefully they all go there
84  134  174  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  194  234  284  684 
Page 184 of 690
Go to