Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1365  1865  2265  2315  2355  2361  2362  2363  2364  2365  2366  2367  2368  2369  2375  2415  2465 
Page 2365 of 2545
Go to
[QUOTE=seminolepilot;3054945]
Quote: Anybody think it’s a good idea to jump ship and go to Atlas? Just asking for a friend[

being 50% in the right seat you can’t go wrong with applying. You get the type which will help when things start to turn around or if your goal is UPS or FedEx. With the new pay rates I’d imagine you’d break even at year two or three.
If it helps...I've been seeing a lot of Atlas in the new hire classes at 5X. Four in mine alone...and that was pre-pandemic.
I think it pretty much over now, DL grounding all their 777, looking at furloughing 7000. DL has been spending a lot of money over the years, to include the purchase of an oil refinery in NJ trying to beat the rise of oil, and we know how thats going. See the big 3 become the big 2.
Quote: I think it pretty much over now, DL grounding all their 777, looking at furloughing 7000. DL has been spending a lot of money over the years, to include the purchase of an oil refinery in NJ trying to beat the rise of oil, and we know how thats going. See the big 3 become the big 2.
Where did they say anything about furloughing 7,000? Where did they say anything about any furloughs?

What’s with these doom and gloom posts on this sub-forum? First time being in the industry in an economic downturn? Have you tried drinking at least? If this is your first time and you feel the urge to go spread panic, do yourself and favor and quit now. That means you RayJay and Domino.
Quote: Where did they say anything about furloughing 7,000? Where did they say anything about any furloughs?

What’s with these doom and gloom posts on this sub-forum? First time being in the industry in an economic downturn? Have you tried drinking at least? If this is your first time and you feel the urge to go spread panic, do yourself and favor and quit now. That means you RayJay and Domino.
ohhh junior junior. I’ve been downgraded and furloughed. I’ve paid my dues, have you?
Quote: Where did they say anything about furloughing 7,000? Where did they say anything about any furloughs?

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/delta-hints-job-cuts-retires-boeing-777-215926788.html
Quote: https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/delta-hints-job-cuts-retires-boeing-777-215926788.html
this guy must believe everything he reads in the news.
[QUOTE=flyguy727;3056263]https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/delta...tml[/QUOTE]

Even if that article were true, “overstaffed by 7000 pilots” doesn’t mean you lay-off 7000 pilots. Especially in this uncertain climate. How many training events is that? How much $ is that? What if things pick up sooner than expected? Now you’re way behind the curve to bring people back, which adds even more training. Unless they plan on keeping that group furloughed for more than a year (maybe longer), it may be cheaper to pay reduced lines and not incur the extra shuffling costs.

Truth is, nobody knows what’s gonna happen until we see load capacities in the fall.
[QUOTE=Woger Wabbit;3056672]
Quote: https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/delta...tml[/QUOTE]

Even if that article were true, “overstaffed by 7000 pilots” doesn’t mean you lay-off 7000 pilots. Especially in this uncertain climate. How many training events is that? How much $ is that? What if things pick up sooner than expected? Now you’re way behind the curve to bring people back, which adds even more training. Unless they plan on keeping that group furloughed for more than a year (maybe longer), it may be cheaper to pay reduced lines and not incur the extra shuffling costs.

Truth is, nobody knows what’s gonna happen until we see load capacities in the fall.
Not to mention it also said in the Fall. Last time I checked it’s still May. Hope the loads start increasing.
Yes the memo yesterday said they would be overstaffed by 7k but if you read the entire memo they have to plan ahead and are looking at 3rd quarter 2021 needs. Hence with their projections 2500 to 3500 furloughs. This could change very easily. Also they did not state if we are built into that equation.

Our email said we will know more in June. My guess is everyone under Delta umbrella will see a 20 to 30% reduction furlough. That also assumes this winter the virus doesn't get worse.

I hope things bounce back a little quicker. Along for the ride just like last time. Sit back enjoy a beer and this will pass.
Quote: Yes the memo yesterday said they would be overstaffed by 7k but if you read the entire memo they have to plan ahead and are looking at 3rd quarter 2021 needs. Hence with their projections 2500 to 3500 furloughs. This could change very easily. Also they did not state if we are built into that equation.

Our email said we will know more in June. My guess is everyone under Delta umbrella will see a 20 to 30% reduction furlough. That also assumes this winter the virus doesn't get worse.

I hope things bounce back a little quicker. Along for the ride just like last time. Sit back enjoy a beer and this will pass.
Agreed. Doubt it’ll go past 20 percent furlough at EDV tho. Cheap labor in cheap airplanes is what you need right now, why would you wanna cut that? Unless it’s scope issues, otherwise it doesn’t make much cents (pun intended).
1365  1865  2265  2315  2355  2361  2362  2363  2364  2365  2366  2367  2368  2369  2375  2415  2465 
Page 2365 of 2545
Go to