Planesense

Subscribe
139  189  229  235  236  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  249  289 
Page 239 of 299
Go to
Quote: Preflight, clearance, atis, catering (n.b. not serving). Captain does flight planning, communication with the company, takes final responsibility for oopsies and acts as a "supervisor" of sorts (not what it sounds like). Everything else is pretty much shared. It's industry standard stuff. We look at first officers as captains in training. Upgrades can happen fast if your head's in the game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Flight planning?
Are you not on stereo routes between regularly scheduled stops?
Routes are not canned per say but Captains normally chose what is previously in FltPlan.com with some modifications.
Quote: Routes are not canned per say but Captains normally chose what is previously in FltPlan.com with some modifications.
I don't have any experience in that type of flying, but that surprises me that you don't have pre-planned routes between regular stops. Thanks for the information.
Quote: I don't have any experience in that type of flying, but that surprises me that you don't have pre-planned routes between regular stops. Thanks for the information.
That would require more staff just to plan those. Fltplan.com is easy to use and takes hardly any time. Also the destinations change so much that it wouldn't matter. The first year I was there I hit over 100 different airports
Quote: That would require more staff just to plan those. Fltplan.com is easy to use and takes hardly any time. Also the destinations change so much that it wouldn't matter. The first year I was there I hit over 100 different airports
No company issued foreflight account?
Right now the PICs use the free FltPlan. Com but the company is changing over to a company provided foreflight account.
Quote: What are the FO's other duties besides flying?

“Coffee, ice, papers, I’ll get the clearance.” My favorite words when flying as the FO and getting paid as a Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: “Coffee, ice, papers, I’ll get the clearance.” My favorite words when flying as the FO and getting paid as a Captain.

Coffee?! That's old school!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Quote: Hot water, ice, papers, I’ll get the clearance.” My favorite words when flying as the FO and getting paid as a Captain.

fixed it lol
Quote: “Coffee, ice, papers, I’ll get the clearance.” My favorite words when flying as the FO and getting paid as a Captain.

Ours is fuel load, crew car, and lunch recommendations.
139  189  229  235  236  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  249  289 
Page 239 of 299
Go to