"Latest and Greatest" about jetBlue

Subscribe
153  203  243  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  263  303 
Page 253 of 344
Go to
Quote: Having a Union has NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING to do with whether an airline goes bankrupt or furloughs. Union members do not make the airlines policy, do not make the airlines business decisions. Ask any Mesaba pilot if ALPA caused Pinnacle to declare, or ask a Frontier pilot if they forced Bedford to make the decisions he's made. Absolutely ridiculous!! It pains me that you continue to spout The Dave's rhetoric and you have no idea what you're talking about. You need to do some research in airline history before you express an opinion, that up to now has been very ill-informed.

Without Unions in this industry you'd have NO work rules, no guarantee's, no pay-protection, no trip rig, no duty rig, no LTD, no STD, no rest requirements, no training requirements, and most importantly no KCM program. Please do some research, learn about the history of YOUR industry. Unless of course you're happy being a management mouth-piece with a rampers retirement.
Yea, I'll get right on that cause obviously you have all the experience and knowledge....what a joke...
Quote: Having a Union has NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING to do with whether an airline goes bankrupt or furloughs. Union members do not make the airlines policy, do not make the airlines business decisions. Ask any Mesaba pilot if ALPA caused Pinnacle to declare, or ask a Frontier pilot if they forced Bedford to make the decisions he's made. Absolutely ridiculous!! It pains me that you continue to spout The Dave's rhetoric and you have no idea what you're talking about. You need to do some research in airline history before you express an opinion, that up to now has been very ill-informed.

Without Unions in this industry you'd have NO work rules, no guarantee's, no pay-protection, no trip rig, no duty rig, no LTD, no STD, no rest requirements, no training requirements, and most importantly no KCM program. Please do some research, learn about the history of YOUR industry. Unless of course you're happy being a management mouth-piece with a rampers retirement.
Quote: Yea, I'll get right on that cause obviously you have all the experience and knowledge....what a joke...
You should heed your own advice.....because whatifguy is spot on!
Quote: Curious as to why you believe so........
Little or no progression except through growth. At the majors pilots will upgrade and/or increase their quality of life rapidly. Our benefits are horrid. Pay is decent but that's it.
Quote: Yea, I'll get right on that cause obviously you have all the experience and knowledge....what a joke...
You may not like the tone, but you really need to research what our benefits do and don't provide. I've experienced it myself and have flown with too many people recently that are super senior, full of "blue juice", and really been left holding the bag.

It's extremely telling that the airlines that have taken the biggest hits since 9/11 (UA and US in my opinion) still have benefits and retirement contributions significantly better than ours.

Not saying this place is awful, but the security net for me and my family (and you and yours as well) is way too thin for my tastes. Remaining purposefully blind to that fact based on emotion serves nobody.

Anyone who disputes this has their head buried so far deep in the sand its coming out the other side of the world. What has Jetblue provided the industry? Not customers but other pilot groups? Not much if anything. What has our student council managed to negotiate in the 12+ years of it's existence. Not much. In fact we lose more and more on a yearly basis. Benefits, retirement, protections, disability. Each year for the time I have been here we have degraded our benefits package. Those are indisputable facts.

But I know...if I don't like it I should leave. This being the common answer the anti-union supporters always claim when you point out faults with ole' bluejet because they are just happy to be here.
That mentality would suffice if we were a struggling carrier not making record profits.
Quote: Guys last fall were doing 3 months of reserve BOS E90.
Last fall we were hiring 10-20 guys a month, and had been since Jan. This year is different. It's a new cycle. Do not base this year on last year or the year before. Every class is different. Get in the door and deal with the repercussions, good... bad... whatever. Love it, like it , leave it.

I say just take a side. Your either a pilot supporter... or you drink managments bs blue juice for breakfast.

And it is possible to support your company and your union at the same time. Frankly you must.
Quote: And it is possible to support your company and your union at the same time. Frankly you must.
Not if that union has it's own agenda. And Yes, Yes I know what your gonna say, your local MEC makes the agenda, not ALPA national. Go over and read the DALPA vs DPA thread if you believe that.

Lake knows my opinion on this, a JBPA drive will probably fare much better this time. Most of the Blue Juicers/Fence Sitters will probably lean to JBPA. ALPA, no interest. Yes, JetBlue can improve in many ways that Lake has already pointed out, but it is still a good place to work.
Clear, as a current poolie, I completely agree with you. I will look at all the options for JBPA when I do get a class date. Til then, I am waiting patiently!
Quote: Clear, as a current poolie, I completely agree with you. I will look at all the options for JBPA when I do get a class date. Til then, I am waiting patiently!
You guys know how to hire 'em!!!!!!
?

Retirement like Airways?
153  203  243  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  263  303 
Page 253 of 344
Go to