What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Subscribe
251  301  341  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  354  355  361  401 
Page 351 of 403
Go to
Thanks Squeaky
Reserve
With respect to reserve, how many days is the most someone could hope to get off in a row? Is there a way to bid a large chunk once a month, or are your days going to be sporadically placed? I've got an interview set up for March for a potential summer start, so I'm trying to figure out how this will work with my life.
Quote: I've got an interview set up for March for a potential summer start, so I'm trying to figure out how this will work with my life.

Given that December interviews were given projected summer starts, you may want to reconsider your planned timing.
Quote: Given that December interviews were given projected summer starts, you may want to reconsider your planned timing.
Fair, just what I was told by the recruiter, if it's later that's fine too.
Quote: With respect to reserve, how many days is the most someone could hope to get off in a row? Is there a way to bid a large chunk once a month, or are your days going to be sporadically placed? I've got an interview set up for March for a potential summer start, so I'm trying to figure out how this will work with my life.
You must be given at least 2 days off between reserve blocks, which will happen often... At least one of your days off blocks will be 3-4..

You will get exactly 12 days off per month on reserve, no more, no less.
Quote: You must be given at least 2 days off between reserve blocks, which will happen often... At least one of your days off blocks will be 3-4..

You will get exactly 12 days off per month on reserve, no more, no less.
Thanks for the response. Is there a way to get more days off in a row with a longer reserve block, or are you pretty much stuck to 2 days at a time with the occasional 3-4?
Quote: Thanks for the response. Is there a way to get more days off in a row with a longer reserve block, or are you pretty much stuck to 2 days at a time with the occasional 3-4?
It would depend on how many reserves the base has, less reserves = less coverage and denied requests...then it would depend on your seniority...When I was on reserve many moons ago I was repeatedly denied everything I ever wanted, however it was a different time back then...Could be different now, reserves looking at this thread would have to chime in.
I dont know what it is like for FOs, but I am on the bottom of the barrel for PDX Captains and I always get what I want for reserve. But I have a simple request of Wednesday through Friday off. So I basically end up with four on and three off.
Somehow we're outta ERJ captains again?? FLICA shows around 185 captains yet NavBlue is showing 90 captains (qualified and line ready?). I understand a small portion are management and dedicated training department peeps. We have gone from overstaffed and fat on reserves to crew scheduling calling around and one our BCP sending emails again in recent weeks. The SEA reserve list shows only 4 ERJ captains and all 4 are flying before noon! Yet we have 19 ERJ FOs on reserve.
"Begun, the clone wars has...."
I don't think we're all that short... yet. Crew Scheduling is not shy about covering jet trips with the Q400, as long as they're under approximately 800 miles. About a year ago, I got tagged with Seattle - Fresno - Seattle in the Q400. It was a beautiful day to fly and the passengers didn't seem to be traumatized by a 2.5 hour flight in a turboprop.

One of the big problems with staffing in the E175 is that many of the senior captains and check airmen are commuters. A lot of these guys would be happy to cover a turn, but they're in the wrong place to do it and Crew Scheduling doesn't have time to deadhead them to Seattle. It also seems strange that we've only got four available reserves out of a contingent of 90 E175 pilots. Poor planning?
251  301  341  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  354  355  361  401 
Page 351 of 403
Go to