DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
375  425  465  471  472  473  474  475  476  477  478  479  485 
Page 475 of 512
Go to
Quote: Yes, very random. And if you're not a US Citizen you don't have a SS#, right? I don't know how they handle that.
I’m pretty sure they use the Tax ID Number, but I’m not 100%.
Quote: Yes, very random. And if you're not a US Citizen you don't have a SS#, right? I don't know how they handle that.
They give you a SSN after you receive your green card
Quote: Delta was that way too, until they got sued by someone for age discrimination!

That's why they transitioned to the last 4 SS#.
That's the everlasting rumor. But if that had any bearing in reality, then how do other airlines continue to do it that way for decades after DL changed it?

IMO it should be done with age. If not that, then at least interview date. If not age, then draw out of a hat. Pre-assigned numbers at birth is the silliest way to do it.
Quote: That's the everlasting rumor. But if that had any bearing in reality, then how do other airlines continue to do it that way for decades after DL changed it?

IMO it should be done with age. If not that, then at least interview date. If not age, then draw out of a hat. Pre-assigned numbers at birth is the silliest way to do it.
Prereassigned numbers at birth are no less random than the pull out of a hat.
Quote: That's the everlasting rumor. But if that had any bearing in reality, then how do other airlines continue to do it that way for decades after DL changed it?

My favorite way is application date. There was a rumor when I was in college that United did in class seniority that way. Everyone applied the day we got our multi-commercials

Tell me your SSN starts with 0, without telling me your SSN starts with 0.
Time from app submission to first contact
Hi everyone,

I submitted my Delta app on 12/23 and I’m not applying anywhere else. The application review company I used said I’m a “top-tier candidate” and to expect an interview by mid-2024.

I’m wondering what the next step will be and how long does it typically take? Assuming I get looked at, will someone from Delta email me or just randomly call some day? Or something else?

I know it’s only been a few weeks, but waiting in silence is hard!

p.s., I can’t figure how to post without replying to someone else’s post. Is that the way it’s done?
Quote: Prereassigned numbers at birth are no less random than the pull out of a hat.
Except that its predecided on your day of birth for all humans. Also SSN's aren't completely random anyway as they're assigned in batches. In any case it should be age within a class or interview/CJO date/time.
Quote: Tell me your SSN starts with 0, without telling me your SSN starts with 0.
LOL no. Mine is actually quite favorable.

And no one is advocating changing it retroactively anyway.

Future classes should be age or interview/cjo dates and times. Or like someone else said, date of application once meeting hiring mins. That's actually somewhat ingenius as we'd get thousands more apps on file pretty quickly one would think.
Quote: LOL no. Mine is actually quite favorable.

And no one is advocating changing it retroactively anyway.

Future classes should be age or interview/cjo dates and times. Or like someone else said, date of application once meeting hiring mins. That's actually somewhat ingenius as we'd get thousands more apps on file pretty quickly one would think.
why *should* it change? SSN works fine
375  425  465  471  472  473  474  475  476  477  478  479  485 
Page 475 of 512
Go to