PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
12  412  462  502  508  509  510  511  512  513  514  515  516  522  562  612  1012 
Page 512 of 1123
Go to
The training department is really not a big deal at all, people make such a big deal out of it but if you suck they will get rid of you but most pilots are fine, and I mean really suck. Study and take it seriously there are a lot of great people in the training department and a couple not so good ones, it's not something you should base a decision on it's a piece of cake if you take it seriously. I'm not trying to stick up for jk I'm just saying in my experience in the years I've been here I've never had an issue with the training department and neither has most of the people I know.
Quote: Tsuda: 9/11 and the economy destroyed the 00's, that's not AA's fault. The flow would have worked if not for that.
Bzzt, when the original flow was sold to the pilot group, the plan was Eagle pilots would be in AA's first new hire classes. Guess what, management lied. The first flows didn't start until 2 years later. The point is, PDT pilots should demand strong and explicit contract language.

Good Luck PDT pilots
Quote: Bzzt, when the original flow was sold to the pilot group, the plan was Eagle pilots would be in AA's first new hire classes. Guess what, management lied. The first flows didn't start until 2 years later. The point is, PDT pilots should demand strong and explicit contract language.

Good Luck PDT pilots
and in those two years where eagle pilots were blocked out aa hired over 1500 pilots.
Quote: And everyone on the property today will all be at American in 4 years. Even if we see a EMB 175 (which I doubt) only a handful will remain on the property to even fly it.
In 1997 eagle said I'd be at American in five years. I'm in new hire training today. Hmm....

I doubt 175s at PDT too.
Btw, and I know some here get this, a flow through is designed to keep pilots at that regional longer, not to move them on quicker.
Quote: Btw, and I know some here get this, a flow through is designed to keep pilots at that regional longer, not to move them on quicker.
That's exactly what I saw when that TA was being debated. And exactly way I left.
Quote: FOs are stagnate and major jobs are very hard to come by at this point. You can bluster all you want but this place (Envoy) is shutting down.

Tsuda: 9/11 and the economy destroyed the 00's, that's not AA's fault. The flow would have worked if not for that.
That is where you are wrong
they reneged on the FT as soon as they could.
Hired 3K and 125 went as FT's
Quote: $2-$3 a hour is all a FO in that situation would lose. Even in that scenario id take the deal.
$3/hour might pay a significant chunk of paycheck healthcare deductions.
Quote: Btw, and I know some here get this, a flow through is designed to keep pilots at that regional longer, not to move them on quicker.
That's what is happening at PSA right now. Besides the folks going to American via the SSP(4 per month), there is very little attrition. Folks with seven years seniority are holding out, thinking they will be at American in two years.
Quote: In 1997 eagle said I'd be at American in five years. I'm in new hire training today. Hmm....

I doubt 175s at PDT too.
Yea but you could've left right? I'm mean that's 17 years you stayed at Eagle. Sounds like that was your choice.

With the big 4 carriers losing over 10,000 to retirements over the next 5 years it will move real fast. Watch in the future how hard it will be for JetBlue,Virgin, Alligaint to keep FO's.

These young guys are set! This big gap in hiring doesn't come around often.
12  412  462  502  508  509  510  511  512  513  514  515  516  522  562  612  1012 
Page 512 of 1123
Go to